Hello from Hamilton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks,

Been reading a few posts on here and thought I'd join in the conversation.

I'm what you would class as a returning rider having been off a bike for the last 12 years since my last bike got stolen and I spent the insurance money on beer and junk :cheers: .

Anyway now I'm getting older - needed to start exercising - and wanted to do some activities with my son - so came back to cycling earlier this year with a little help from cycle to work scheme.

Since May we have done nearly 600 miles around the south lanarkshire countryside and highways and cycle lanes of Glasgow. participated in a number of Sky Rides and recently completed the Glasgow Edinburgh pedal for Scotland event.

I am always up for a new adventure and look forward to chatting with you all and maybe even riding with some of you.

Stu

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Hello Stu :smile:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hello and :welcome: from just up the road. Well done on the mileage - there's some lovely countryside down your ways. I really need to get down there more often.

Keep an eye on the CC informal rides and events subforum, where the occasional CC ecosse rides are organized. You just missed the last one (it was today!), but there'll be another one coming along shortly.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Stu!
I live in Rutherglen: my first exploring on my bike was the 10 miles from here to Hamilton races, along the back lanes.
You have some good cycling facilities in your area.

Booyaa

Veteran
Welcome Stu.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello fae Dumbarton!!

Incidentally I saw Hamilton's contingent at the Paralympics the other day when I saw the McGuire brothers in the Boccia and then again in the parade through London on.... Tuesday was it?

Top Bottom