Hello from Herts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Equator

Hello everyone! Just picked up my lovely new hybrid which came through the Cyclescheme. I'm in Barnet so there's plenty of good riding round this way. I've not ridden since I was a student (quite a long time ago) and have just got fed up with the tube, so decided I might try cycling in. It's about 10 miles towards London with a couple of steep slopes, but I'm feeling very positive and optimistic. I'm going to break myself in gently - couple of miles around here every day to...er...firm everything up, and then take the plunge in a few weeks. I can see there's plenty of advice and stories to read here so I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time round these parts.

Jamis Jim

Hello everyone! Just picked up my lovely new hybrid which came through the Cyclescheme. I'm in Barnet so there's plenty of good riding round this way. I've not ridden since I was a student (quite a long time ago) and have just got fed up with the tube, so decided I might try cycling in. It's about 10 miles towards London with a couple of steep slopes, but I'm feeling very positive and optimistic. I'm going to break myself in gently - couple of miles around here every day to...er...firm everything up, and then take the plunge in a few weeks. I can see there's plenty of advice and stories to read here so I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time round these parts.

Hi - good luck with the commuting. Are you going to be doing this in the winter as well?
My commute is about 15 miles but can't set up a shower at work so haven't commuted on the bike.

OP
OP
M

Mr Equator

Well, we'll just have to see. Most of my colleagues are cyclists, we don't have a shower, yet most of them seem fresh as daisies almost regardless of weather. I'll have to grill them for secrets and advice. Thanks for your encouragement.

Jamis Jim

You're all pretty fit by the sound of it! Maybe I'm using the lack of a shower as an excuse not to commute on the bike. Must try harder!

Top Bottom