hello from holmfirth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kiriyama

kiriyama

Hi Welcome to the forum - I'm in the same area as you, Penistone, so really feel your pain. This last few months have been dire - if its not blowing a gale, snowing or bouncing down then its icy so am really looking forward to some better weather.
first day back at work tomorrow after some time off. Was really looking forward to the commute now the snows cleared. checked the weather and it's going to be -3 and very icy. Gutted. Going to have to invest In a mountain bike with spikey tyres next winter.

Welcome to CC Tom

LimeBurn

Über Member
I've been meaning to buy the studded tyres that planet x have been selling lately.
first day back at work tomorrow after some time off. Was really looking forward to the commute now the snows cleared. checked the weather and it's going to be -3 and very icy. Gutted. Going to have to invest In a mountain bike with spikey tyres next winter.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Spiked tyres are worth the investment.:thumbsup: Was very glad to have them on for my commute this morning.:cold:

Gatters

Hi Tom and welcome, yeah 'Le Tour' was a fantastc spectacle wasnt it, I was over the other side on the descent to woodhead, 1st down was Biel Kadri and even the local widlife came out to watch...who'd have thought it :laugh:
Biel%20Kadri%201_zpsrl8ucafj.jpg

102_3120_zps2m68ncay.jpg

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Hi.

Fellow Holmfirthian here - Hope you like hills :smile:

Have a look at the Holmfirth CycleClub http://www.holmfirthcc.com/ a cracking local club with a load of ride groups & other activities throughout the week. Very friendly bunch.

PS - If you go on one of @ColinJ rides, be prepared to find out just how hilly Yorkshire can be :smile:

OP
OP
kiriyama

kiriyama

Hi.

Fellow Holmfirthian here - Hope you like hills :smile:

Have a look at the Holmfirth CycleClub entsw.holmfirthcc.com/ a cracking local club with a load of ride groups & other activities throughout the week. Very friendly bunch.

PS - If you go on one of @ColinJ rides, be prepared to find out just how hilly Yorkshire can be :smile:

I love hills, steeper the better! I did look at holmfirth cycle club and a couple of other local clubs,hope to get involved when i can. Work commitments + new baby mean i can only get out riding at random times so its hard to commit to set times at the moment! Hopefuly things will calm down in spring!

Top Bottom