Hello from Johnstone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ewan87

Hello all
I'm new to the forum and new to cycling, my brother(paisley chock) is a member and he told me what a great forum this is so I thought I would check it out and join. I am 29 and have been a keen viewer of cycling for the past couple of years and decided to get a road bike and do some cycling myself. I am not the best cyclist but hope to improve now I have my bike. I will mostly be commuting to and back from work and some weekend rides.
cheers for reading this Ewan

Fubar

Guru
Hello all
I'm new to the forum and new to cycling, my brother(paisley chock) is a member and he told me what a great forum this is so I thought I would check it out and join. I am 29 and have been a keen viewer of cycling for the past couple of years and decided to get a road bike and do some cycling myself. I am not the best cyclist but hope to improve now I have my bike. I will mostly be commuting to and back from work and some weekend rides.
cheers for reading this Ewan

Hi Ewan and :welcome: to the forums. A CC Ecosse ride passed through Johnstone last Saturday, we did a loop from Braehead round to Lochwinnoch then back via the cycle path - one of our number had a blowout just outside Johnstone. There are quite a few Westies on here, keep a look out for future rides in the "Informal Rides" section. Regards, Mark

GBC

Veteran
Welcome to the forum Ewan, and I can assure you that the blowout was nothing to do with Johnstone per se - it was all to do with the keich Kenda tyres my bike came with.
Hope to see you on a run sometime.:smile:

Fubar

Guru
Welcome to the forum Ewan, and I can assure you that the blowout was nothing to do with Johnstone per se - it was all to do with the keich Kenda tyres my bike came with.
Hope to see you on a run sometime.:smile:

Ha ha, never thought of it like that - it wasn't Johnstone's fault! And yes it was a tyre blowout, not some kind of bodily function (that I'm aware of! Mind you were behind me most of the time ;)).

OP
OP
ewan87

ewan87

thank you for the warm welcome guys, I will have a word with Johnstone and make sure it doesn't give you a puncture again ;)

Paisley Chock

Hello, been out on the bike yet?

OP
OP
ewan87

ewan87

thanks very much guy's, I have found so much hints and tips in my short time on here. thank you for the warm welcome

OP
OP
ewan87

ewan87

hi stu, I've only lived in Johnstone for a few year but I'm from paisley so not that far. I do a wee bit of running so I have a few rides in mind in the local area. most of my rides will be between Johnstone and paisley as that's where I work.

Top Bottom