Hello from Kent, UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lostagain

Lostagain

Hi and :welcome:

Where's the profile picture of? It looks Alpine to me :smile:
In the Ortler region of Italy. Scene of my one and only ski tour

Nice. Play fretless and fretted (jazz mostly), but unfortunately its many years since I played in a band
Just the one bass, a Trigger's Broom Precision, only original bits are the body, bridge and knobs! Nearly two years now since the demise of the band, and very few are wanting a 67-year-old bassist, regardless of reputation. Ah well...

OP
OP
Lostagain

Lostagain

Just the one bass, a Trigger's Broom Precision, only original bits are the body, bridge and knobs! Nearly two years now since the demise of the band, and very few are wanting a 67-year-old bassist, regardless of reputation. Ah well...
Not heard of Triggers Broom. I have a Yamaha BB3000s fretless and a custom built fretted; Rickenbacker shape with a Ibanez pickup

Welcome.
Wonderful county for cycling - best of the home counties i think. Have a particular soft spot for Thanet.
Londoner from the north here. Can i ask where you were taken from?

Hi from the deep south (Dymchurch), I play in local band as a drummer and bassist, or I should say did play as all gigs have been cancelled since March.
There have previously been rides organized through Cycle Chat starting from the Ashford International station , none for some time though. Maybe, when the threat of infection has subsided, there will be more.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi there, joining a forum of any kind was not the sort of thing I thought I would ever do. Having come across Cycle Chat whilst researching King Alfred's Way, it looked like it might be nice and friendly as well as informative, so I look forward to being part of various conversations.

Lostagain
Hi From the far eastern edge of Kent - the nice bit ;-)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi from the deep south (Dymchurch), I play in local band as a drummer and bassist, or I should say did play as all gigs have been cancelled since March.
There have previously been rides organized through Cycle Chat starting from the Ashford International station , none for some time though. Maybe, when the threat of infection has subsided, there will be more.
Maybe we should make it so!
It's been a while. I enjoyed the first one I did so much I moved-in with the organiser ;-)

I have toyed with the idea of a FNRttC stylee rides around the coastline from say Whistable to Folkestone or some suitable Train station location for the Londoners return.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lostagain

Lostagain

Maybe we should make it so!
It's been a while. I enjoyed the first one I did so much I moved-in with the organiser ;-)

I have toyed with the idea of a FNRttC stylee rides around the coastline from say Whistable to Folkestone or some suitable Train station location for the Londoners return.
I like the idea of meeting up with other cyclists for social rides. I think the new lockdown rules allow meeting one other person outside, which gives some opportunity for meeting other cyclists. Otherwise, perhaps a pre-Christmas ride stopping off for yule tide refreshment at a suitable hostelry?

Top Bottom