Hello from Lancashire (yes, another one)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Glad I found this forum, it's amazing what you find when typing "uk cycling forum" into google!

i'm Dave, based in Lancaster, a city too small to justify a car, it's too small to even bother getting the bike out to be honest, so primarily... i'm a walker.

However! The bike is and always has been my favourite mode of transport; cheap, quiet, light... I am a tight fisted northerner after all... and I don't like racket!

My pride and joy is currently an old (c1996) Orange P7 (rigid with proper caliper brakes!), but I still have my old Raleigh Tomahawk stored, dismantled in a james bond style in an old trunk, and have recently found an old 'sit up & beg' bike with rod brakes in the cellar, which I'm considering resurrecting (it's antique and worth bugger all!), but will keep me occupied as I hurtle towards middle age. Now there's a chat up line! "I'm doing up a old bicycle in my spare time... no... it's really fun... honest."

anyway, glad I found this place as I'm planinng on doing some bike touring to try to counteract the middle aged spread and get me out of this northern corner once in a while, and reading what i've read here, I'm geared up more than ever (pun intended).

Dave x

Hello Dave - welcome to CycleChat. I have been on here for two years and learned nothing! :tongue: (Only joking) BUT. There are many inspirational things to help you throw away all your old junk and buy new bikes enjoy cycling...a few resident experts up your way too! Keep an eye out for the 'Informal Rides' bit within this forum.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Dave - welcome to CC.

I'm a bit like you - I'm fighting middle-aged spread, I don't drive and I walk and cycle, though I'm more of a  cyclist than a walker. I also like old Hawkwind albums!

Perhaps you could meet up with a bunch of us for a ride round the Forest of Bowland some time?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hi Dave - welcome to CC.

I'm a bit like you - I'm fighting middle-aged spread, I don't drive and I walk and cycle, though I'm more of a cyclist than a walker. I also like old Hawkwind albums!

Perhaps you could meet up with a bunch of us for a ride round the Forest of Bowland some time?

Hello Colin from Hebden Bridge, lovely part of the world! (and hello to everybody else!)... not sure if i'd be able to keep up with the pack, with nobbly wheels and regular fag breaks and an aversion to anything vaguely aerodynamic :tongue: there is a pub at Whitewell, that sounds like a plan!

Top Bottom