Hello from Lancaster, UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Voinar

Hi All

Newly registered user (former lurker :tongue:) here.

I'm Jim age 50 from Lancaster, UK.

Up until 2 months or so ago, I hadn't cycled for over 15 years.

During that time I had started smoking again but I quit a few months back and bought myself a new bike to try and get back to as decent a level of fitness as I can taking past history into account.

Weather allowing I get out as often as I can on the local cycle paths close to home :thumbsup:

Look forward to contributing to forum discussions.

Jim

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum :welcome:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome, Jim!

Once you are a bit fitter, you have some fantastic cycling countryside to explore further afield - Forest of Bowland to the SE, South Lakes to the NE, and the Yorkshire Dales to the E.

OP
OP
Voinar

Voinar

Welcome, Jim!

Once you are a bit fitter, you have some fantastic cycling countryside to explore further afield - Forest of Bowland to the SE, South Lakes to the NE, and the Yorkshire Dales to the E.

Very true, once I get fitter / get some more cycling gear together (will take some time) I'll be more comfortable with venturing further afield, ATM even if I cover 30+ miles I'm never more than 5 miles or so from home.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: Gotta be a decent pub 15 miles or so away.

OP
OP
Voinar

Voinar

:welcome: Jim.
I got back on my bike a year ago, to lose weight and help with my health problems.
I'm loving it....I don't do hills tho!

Thanks for the welcome :smile:

Nice to hear your enjoying being back on the bike, I'm not doing much in the way of hills either ATM I hit the rev limiter too easy :eek:

Top Bottom