Hello From Larbert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedWeb

Hi,

In 2012 I went from 18 stones 6lbs to my current weight of 12 stones 10lbs. The main cardio element of my diet/fitness regime was running. Probably did over 150 miles of treadmill and outdoor runs varying up to around 7 miles in length. However, as I reached my end goal I was developing a sore lower back after pounding the streets. Think it was down to my centre of gravity changing, loss of muscle around lower back etc. Still want to run outside but I thought I needed another way to get my cardio and hey presto I bought a bike !

Know a couple of big cycle nuts on twitter and through them I opted for a Specialized bike. Ended up getting a Sirus 2013 Hybrid. Nothing too fancy, what most cycle veterans may regard as a decent entry level piece of kit. Well, I have only had it a couple of weeks and had my first run on New Years Day. Did just under 10 miles. Following weekend I managed 14 miles in 70 odd minutes. Think my fitness levels are fairly good due to the running and weight loss in 2012.

Plan is to use my bike as often as possible. Can't commute as I work 25 miles away along the M80 motorway but in and around home it will be my first option. Will still enjoy running but a mix of cycle and run is the way forward for me.

Seems a busy forum. Look forward to sharing opinions and asking questions over the months ahead !

Cheers,

Paul Clements.

Where the frick is 'Larbert'?

GBC

Veteran
Larbert is near Falkirk which is in Central Scotland which is above England which is North of France :hello:
Nice one Paul!!
Welcome to the forum from sunny Glasgow^_^ Hope to meet you on one of our runs soon...next one is a week on Saturday out to Loch Lomond and back.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and:welcome:,
Fantastic weight loss. Congratulations. You're a star.
You can't beat cycling for a cardio workout. I think you've made a very good decision to get a bike.
I wish you all the best and great enjoyment.
Take care

Booyaa

Veteran
Welcome mate, furraboots in Larbert? Grew up in Polmont and regularly visited Larbert for many reasons, mostly to include women, and have many friends in the area now. Good to have you on board. I also work in Glasgow city, for my sins.

OP
OP
RedWeb

RedWeb

I'll be in Falkirk soon delivering some bikes. Looking forward to visiting the wheel with eager anticipation.
Aye, it's an impressive sight. Hope it is actually moving when you visit. Not as interesting otherwise !

Top Bottom