Hello from Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Thornton

Or Enderby to be more precise. My name is Chris and I recently started cycling again after quite a break. A such I feel like a beginner but recently got a Boardman road bike which is great, and I'm really enjoying riding again.

Hoping to find groups near me to ride with but not sure where to start.

I've already found several threads on this site to be immensely helpful, so thanks cycle chat!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening from next county down

Reece

Veteran
Hello and welcome from another Leicester lad.

If you're interested in joining a local club I recommend leicester Forest CC. They have a website and Facebook group.

I'm a member of them and find them great. Come down on a Sunday at 10am, we meet at Desford crossroads at the bus stop opposite the petrol station. We stick as a group no matter the pace but is usually 10-12mph. The route is 20miles and we have a cafe stop at 14miles.

We also do an earlier Sunday ride @ 8.10am from same place but at a slightly faster pace 12-15mph.

Then there's the faster Saturday rides.

OP
OP
C

Chris Thornton

Thanks for the welcome peeps.

Reece, that sounds great. Does the club have any fees for membership? Do i just turn up on the Sunday and introduce myself?

Reece

Veteran
Thanks for the welcome peeps.

Reece, that sounds great. Does the club have any fees for membership? Do i just turn up on the Sunday and introduce myself?
You can choose to join for £10 a year (details on website) but everyone is welcome to just turn up and ride with us. Just introduce yourself and say its your first ride. Jason will run through the ins and outs with people.

I will only be on the early ride this Sunday, but I'll tell jason the ride leader you may be there if you go on the 10am ride.

Reece

Veteran
Thought I'd post the website link for you to take a look.

http://www.leicesterforest.org.uk

Reece

Veteran
Yeah come out of enderby towards desford crossroads and left at be crossroads/a47 junction. We meet at the bus stop opposite the petrol station there.

OP
OP
C

Chris Thornton

Change of plans. My wife just gave birth so I won't be coming out to play for a bit!

I'll be sure to come along at the first opportunity though :-)

Top Bottom