Hello From Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sportsman

Hello There Peeps.

Thought i would say hello, really good forum you have here none to serious which is good. Currently in the process of getting back on my bike after about 7 years out,kids ,job etc all got in the way,But after putting on a bit of weight and and and deciding the Gym is a bit boring for me and i wouldnt really enjoy it as much as cycling, i have decided to make time again to start cycling which i have done constantly since i was a kid up until about 7 years ago. I have a Claud Butler Stone River Alloy 7005 mountain bike which is about 7 years old and is like new as i haven't really used it that much. Will be mostly riding road,paths etc so i am going to get a set of those Marathon Pro tyres so as to cut down on punctures etc. Did a short ride this week that was pathway and road which was about 11 miles and took about 55 mins(map my ride) so happy with that. Anyway enough of me Lol..If anyone knows of any decent routes around Lpool/Wirral etc then let us know please.

Thanks

Paul

Nihal

Veteran
:welcome: to the forums Mr.Sportsman:hello:

OP
OP
S

sportsman

Wow friendly bunch on here thanks for the warm welcome...Glad there are a few from the North West might make it a bit more interesting when the football season starts Lol

Does anyone from the Merseyside area do any weekend/Sat/Sun Rides on here !! might be up for joining up if you do once i have done a few more miles,bearing in mind i have a mountin bike

And can anyone reccomend any affordable cyle shops around Merseyside by the way ?

Thanks again for the warm welcome !

Paul

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Wow friendly bunch on here thanks for the warm welcome...Glad there are a few from the North West might make it a bit more interesting when the football season starts Lol

Does anyone from the Merseyside area do any weekend/Sat/Sun Rides on here !! might be up for joining up if you do once i have done a few more miles,bearing in mind i have a mountin bike

And can anyone reccomend any affordable cyle shops around Merseyside by the way ?

Thanks again for the warm welcome !

Paul
Welcome to the forums mate, for maintenance I've found College Cycles very reasonable.

OP
OP
S

sportsman

Thanks for he welcome guys ,managed to do about 40 miles 2 x rides of 20 this week so happy at the minute, must say i have noticed the bike running a lot quicker and smoother with the lhe marathon pro tyres on than what my bike had on prevoiusly...do like the look and price of the Rockrider 8.0 its a lot of bike for £269.99 so am a bit temted here..

I am also leaning towards doing a day on one one of the North wales Trails... hence might need to upgrade slightly,nothing to heavy minds jut a few tracks etc...Lol

sittingbull

Veteran
must say i have noticed the bike running a lot quicker and smoother with the lhe marathon pro tyres on than what my bike had on prevoiusly
I swapped my 1.95 knobblies for 1.95 slicks and the bike was "smoother" and handled better but I can't say it was any quicker. I've swapped again to 1.6 slicks and that HAS made more of a difference. ^_^

Well done on the mileage, keep it up!

sittingbull

Veteran
...........we had a good ride over your way on Saturday passing Hale,Speke and onto Sefton.
My favourite rides set off through Speke and Hale, I went along the TPT about a month ago and it was waterlogged. I don't like gravel at the best of times but wet gravel is worse - not to mention the "craters" (slight exaggeration on puddles).

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
My favourite rides set off through Speke and Hale, I went along the TPT about a month ago and it was waterlogged. I don't like gravel at the best of times but wet gravel is worse - not to mention the "craters" (slight exaggeration on puddles).
I'm cleaning a lot of it off my bike now ! Good trails though,really enjoyed it

Top Bottom