Hello from Macclesfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

squeaky brakes

Über Member
Hello to everyone.

A bit about me

In January I started cycling to and from the train station in Macclesfield a round trip of 9 miles a day. Now I cycle to and from work in Stockport a round trip of 33 miles a day plus I'm two and a half stone lighter.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome:

potsy

Rambler
Welcome from another Stockport commuter,only 19 miles a day for me though.What's your route I may have seen you somewhere along the way.
thumbsup.png

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Hello to everyone.

A bit about me

In January I started cycling to and from the train station in Macclesfield a round trip of 9 miles a day. Now I cycle to and from work in Stockport a round trip of 33 miles a day plus I'm two and a half stone lighter.

Welcome to the forums. I was in Macclesfield this week for a few days and took the bike so got a little bit of riding in, some great roads around your way if you have the legs for the hills :-)
023.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

Canardly

Veteran
My hunting grounds..................... !!!!

Loads of back roads to Stockport - flat or really hilly from Macc.... :thumbsup:

Years ago Tuesday night was Stockport to Chapel E. L. F. run. uphill all the way to Chapel and downhill all the way back.... happy days. Macc was a cycling mecca due to its many (then) tea and cake shoppies and not to mention Reg Harris.......

OP
OP
squeaky brakes

squeaky brakes

Über Member
Welcome from another Stockport commuter,only 19 miles a day for me though.What's your route I may have seen you somewhere along the way.
thumbsup.png

potsy

This is my route I leave home early 5.45 ish and get to work an hour an a bit later

OP
OP
squeaky brakes

squeaky brakes

Über Member
Welcome to the forums. I was in Macclesfield this week for a few days and took the bike so got a little bit of riding in, some great roads around your way if you have the legs for the hills :-)
023.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

Banjo

I'm very lucky where I live. To my right I have the hills and left the plains. Cycling to the Cat & Fiddle will be my "Coming of age" a major cycling goal.

Top Bottom