HELLO... from Maidenhead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FailedComic

Regular
Hey Forum peeps,

I'm Failedcomic, I'm from Maidenhead. You probably got that from my profile.

I'm basically completely new to cycling. Sure, I used to have a bike when I was a kid, but I completely hated it, so gave it up very quickly! But this time I'm planning on sticking to it!! I bought a second hand road bike in April '12 (Raleigh Sprint), and turns out I'm finding it harder than people make it out to be :P I feel like a little kid at the moment trying to learn something I should have been able to do since I was 5. Not that it bothers me that much - everyone had to learn once, right?

I'm hoping when I can cycle in a straight line properly without falling over, I'll be able to cycle to and from work (8 miles each way!)

Looking forward to seeing you around ;)

Norm

Greetings, and public welcome to CC. :giggle:

In answer to the question I just asked in the PM, I see you have a road bike. There's a bunch of decent, and generally quiet, roads round here. Which side of Maidenhead are you, as I'm towards Windsor.

Cycling 8 miles is mostly pretty good, depending where you work. I worked in Bracknell, which was about 10 miles, and in Wooburn Green towards Wycombe, and that was about 9 miles, and I loved riding to them both.

defy-one

Welcome failed comic - I drop my daughter to BCA most days - one day I'll come riding round your way. Stick with the cycling - don't set to many goals for the first couple of months - fitness and speed will come :-)

OP
OP
FailedComic

FailedComic

Regular
Welcome failed comic - I drop my daughter to BCA most days - one day I'll come riding round your way. Stick with the cycling - don't set to many goals for the first couple of months - fitness and speed will come :-)
Hi! That would be great! :-) Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom