Hello from Maryland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amish

Hello all,

I just recently began my adventure into cycling and I was looking for a place that I could communicate with others on cycling as well as get a chance to meet some folks. I have really come to enjoy cycling since starting it and look forward to many miles of adventure. Also appears from reading other threads that this forums is based in the UK? Which is great.

Frank

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, welcome from Scotland!

There are some members in the U.S. and Canada like Marz Jennings and Flying Monkey by the way!

OP
OP
Amish

Amish

Well good deal. Sharing something you enjoy is not always confined to distance. Thank you for the welcome.

paul04

Über Member
Welcome to the site, you will find lots of good advice/info on here, and if your unsure of anything just ask :smile:

phillc

Veteran
Hi Frank and a warm :welcome: to CC.

safe and happy cycling.

phill

fudgepanda

Maryland.....Baltimore? Chesapeake Bay? St. Michael's (?) The town that fooled the British. Ha! Not this time Sunshine. Welcome, and don't worry 1776 was a long time ago, no-one will hold a grudge. Well.....come to think about it, there is a man who lives near me who does, but then he doesn't wash very often and he does talk to streetlights. I must admit that when we stayed in Baltimore and hired a car I did think that some of the roads outside the city looked like they would make good places to cycle and was surprised how quiet some of those roads were in terms of vehicular traffic, but then maybe that underlined just how big a country the US is.

OP
OP
Amish

Amish

My goodness it's so nice to see that Maryland is still thought of so fondly :smile:
Actually I am from a County called Frederick which is about 30 mins west and you are quite right we have many quiet roads through the rolling hills of central and western Maryland that make cycling enjoyable, though I am still just a novice. The further west you go in Maryland the bigger the hills get! Thank you all for making me feel welcome, looking forward to many good conversations!

ELPTX51

Welcome to CC from Texas! I have a possible move coming up for work to the Aberdeen, Maryland area. It will be a big change from the desert of El Paso but its nice to see cycling enthusists in the state. Now if I can get past the weather the change will be a welcome one!

Top Bottom