Hello from Maryland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fudgepanda

Mrs. F and I went to New York, Baltimore and Charleston SC. a few years ago and found Baltimore to be a strange city as it seemed to be in a state of transition as there was obviously a lot of change going on. We were told that the so-called "Peace Dividend" had affected the area as there was a big connection to the military along the Chesapeake, not to mention the aforementioned Aberdeen area. There was the Inner Harbour development and a lot of seemingly recent building including hotels and a focus on recreation. Although at the time, New York and Charleston were our favourites, Baltimore had more in common with Manchester and Middlesbrough where the wife comes from. We're planning to return in a couple of years.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Frank and welcome. And I thought all Americans were overwieght and drove cars. Only joking. I have friend who is in Maryland at the moment and is bringing me back some gear from Jenson. We get a lot of your castoffs down here, so I've got to be grateful. I've got a very nice old Schwinn Traveller from '91.

Have fun.

OP
OP
Amish

Amish

Mrs. F and I went to New York, Baltimore and Charleston SC. a few years ago and found Baltimore to be a strange city as it seemed to be in a state of transition as there was obviously a lot of change going on. We were told that the so-called "Peace Dividend" had affected the area as there was a big connection to the military along the Chesapeake, not to mention the aforementioned Aberdeen area. There was the Inner Harbour development and a lot of seemingly recent building including hotels and a focus on recreation. Although at the time, New York and Charleston were our favourites, Baltimore had more in common with Manchester and Middlesbrough where the wife comes from. We're planning to return in a couple of years.
Baltimore has changed dramatically since you have been there. All the construction at the Inner Harbor has basically been completed. Baltimore isn't one of my favorite cities in Maryland, but it has a ton of history. I live more in the mountains of Maryland which I absolutely love. If you all ever have a chance to venture west of Baltimore I think you will find some great sites to take in, especially in the Blue Ridge and Catoctin Mountains.

OP
OP
Amish

Amish

Hello Frank and welcome. And I thought all Americans were overwieght and drove cars. Only joking. I have friend who is in Maryland at the moment and is bringing me back some gear from Jenson. We get a lot of your castoffs down here, so I've got to be grateful. I've got a very nice old Schwinn Traveller from '91.

Have fun.

Thanks for the welcome, it's great to see and meet so many nice people in such a short time period.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm a big fan of redskins.

potatoupmacopyrightedimage1.jpg

Damn straight.

Welcome to CC :welcome:
My sister stayed in Ellicott City in Howard County for 4 years,and I was over a while ago.
View Top Road to be precise ^_^
Nice little place I thought.
The Judges Bench got many a visit from me !!!

Top Bottom