Hello from Middle England!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bicycling_nurse

Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for a while and have to say what a refreshingly friendly and encouraging place it seems to be. I'm a cycling mad lady from the Midlands who rediscovered my love of bikes a couple of years ago and, since then, I've become an avid bike commuter, started utility cycling for shopping/errands etc and have also just done the Breeze Ride Leader course. I am also about to take the road bike plunge, having found myself with a (surprising - didn't think I'd get in!) place in the Ride London 100. I've been training on my Orange Diva whilst saving for a road bike and, thanks to a timely PPI refund, have the money for a much nicer road bike than I thought I could afford - I'm pretty much set on a Specialized Ruby.

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting to know people and hope I don't ask too many stupid questions!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Welcome! There are many stupid answers - but questions you don't know the answer to are sensible questions.

Ruthie

Über Member
Hello and welcome, from another cycling nurse!
I have a Spesh Ruby, it's a good bike. Very comfortable. It should serve you well for your London ride. Do you work shifts?

OP
OP
bicycling_nurse

bicycling_nurse

Wow so many welcomes already, I like it here :hello:

Ruthie - yes I'm a shift worker, are you? The good thing about shifts for me is time off in the week for cycling but the down side will be working some weekends if I join a club - which I hope to once I'm used to the Ruby. Getting pretty excited as my money has just come through so I'm going bike buying on Thursday!

silvervanplumberman

Über Member
Welcome from another Midlander.....I am also doing the ride London 100 in August. Enjoy your training and remember
Rule #10
// It never gets easier, you just go faster.
As this famous quote by Greg LeMan tells us, training, climbing, and racing is hard. It stays hard. To put it another way, per Greg Henderson: “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
Not trying to put you off or anything.......:angel:

Ruthie

Über Member
Wow so many welcomes already, I like it here :hello:

Ruthie - yes I'm a shift worker, are you? The good thing about shifts for me is time off in the week for cycling but the down side will be working some weekends if I join a club - which I hope to once I'm used to the Ruby. Getting pretty excited as my money has just come through so I'm going bike buying on Thursday!

I haven't worked shifts since last October, but will be again soon. I must say, I don't miss the shifts and am dreading going back to them! As you say, days off during the week are nice, and fresh air and cycling definitely give you more energy for shift work. Enjoy shopping for the new shiny!

Top Bottom