Hello from Middle England!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome from the East Midlands!
And a bit south (?) of the above :smile:
Welcome

OP
OP
bicycling_nurse

bicycling_nurse

To be fair I'm in the East Mids too :hello:
I've been bike shopping today - did a test ride on the basic Specialized Ruby model and, surprisingly, it felt great and not weird at all (it's the first road bike I've ridden since an old Peugeot 10 speed in 1990). I have ordered a 54cm Ruby Comp which will arrive at the bike shop tomorrow - I feel like it's Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one :hyper:
She is definitely my most expensive bike purchase ever and I can't wait to get out and do some proper road miles. I decided to stick with MTB style SPDs for now so that I don't have another new thing to get to used to immediately but I have (sad I know but I'm a girl who likes a bit of colour co-ordination!) ordered some black and blue bottle cages and a bright blue Cateye Micro.

Any tips for a new road biker would be gratefully received - it's not so much riding on the road that I'm unsure of as I'm a daily bike commuter and often ride my MTB on the road, it's the whole road bike handling/riding style that's new to me. I never, for example, get out of the saddle when riding uphill on my MTB - is that something that would help me get up some of the hills better on the Ruby?

Top Bottom