Hello from N.W. Leicestershire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From Moira, in the Ashby Woulds to be precise.
I found this board from searching for cycling related material and it's seems like a friendly place, so here I am.

A bit about me. On my 16th birthday a long time ago I abandoned my bicycle for motorised transport and suspect it was cannibalised by my brothers. Fast forward about 15 years and I bought a bike for my wife, but rode it more than she did. So I bought myself a used Scott boulder and began mountain biking in the N.E. of England, with forays in to Scotland. I bought a full suspension about 10 years ago then other things came along and bicycling became a sporadic activity.

I have experienced a resurgence in interest in cycling and have fitted slicks to a Univega no-suspension bike I bought new in around 1993 and am amazed at the difference in speed. I don't have hard data but seem to be spending more time in the big chainring and higher gears than when usIng roads as links between muddy bits. And I am enjoying this road cycling.

I'm at the stage of hitting 20 milers at an average of 12 mph so have a long way to get to my all time best of a 60 mile day on the c2c on an mtb.

So, the plan is to build up the miles with a view to club Riding and entry level audax. I'm researching road bikes with a view to getting one once I've she'd a few pounds and demonstrated it's really for me. I'm cautious by nature so don't take that as negative.

One thing I need to sort out is "knee bother". I experience knee pain sometimes and had this from time to time during mtbing. I'm at the Internet reading stage now and need to start messing about with plumb lines and such like. I'm using Time attac mtb clip less pedals so there is a fair bit of float in the system.

Anyway, that's me so expect dumb roadie questions from time to time.

Graham

Ps will have little or no access to the Internet for a few days from later today.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Welcome. NW Leicestershire? Nice part of the world that.

jugglingphil

Welcome from North of the county line.
Re Knee pain. If you swap your pedals to flats, ride the same route without knee pain then you know that your cleat positioning isn't right. Still getting pain then you can concentrate on saddle position. Alternatively go for a bike fit.

Welcome from another local- just up the road at Midway!:welcome::hello:

I'm usually around Moira most days riding round, either down conkers trail or Hicks lodge or the little roads around rosliston, overseal and the like- lovely part of the world for cycling!:bicycle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome from another local- just up the road at Midway!:welcome::hello:

I'm usually around Moira most days riding round, either down conkers trail or Hicks lodge or the little roads around rosliston, overseal and the like- lovely part of the world for cycling!:bicycle:
Just seen your post, your round the corner from me , probably seen you about !

Top Bottom