Hello from Norfolk!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mookles

Hello, I'm Helen, and I ride mostly around Norwich city centre to and from the mighty UEA!!

I have an old traditional Dutch style bike, and having tried unsuccessfully to find a new one that meets all my needs, I've booked her in for a respray/powder coat and am collecting shiny new bits to jazz her up!!

I look forward to chatting to you and sharing the roads with you :smile:

Helen

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
wave.gif

Look forward to seeing some photos when your bike is done!

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

Thank you! I am ridiculously excited about getting her all done up- the biggest decision at the moment is what colour to choose for the frame!

Hello Mookles.

Welcome to cycle chat from another Norwich cyclist.

Do you ride along Dereham road and then up the Bowthorpe road to the UEA? if so i think that i have seen you out and about.

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

Awwww, no, that's not me, those roads are a bit too busy for me at the time of day I'd use them! I'm more likely to be found taking the longer safer route lol!!

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

Aha! There's a photo of me riding my ol' gal!! Yes re-cycling is always good, even if it makes a dodgy joke on a cycling forum :smile:

H

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

Funny you should say that, I have been considering a cream colour, with chrome, (fake) leather saddle and grips, and getting some sexy basketry.....

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

It would look beeeeautiful, but I use it everyday and think it would soon show up the bumps and nicks I subject it to lol!!

Hi Helen,

Who have you booked your bike in to be repainted with?

I can recommend the Powder coating guys (they do a lot of work for me) on Aylsham road (down behind ATS next to Lidls) and for wet painting, I highly recommend the paintshop at number 44 Ivy Road (nextdoor to my old industrial unit just off the Bowthorpe road at the cemetatery/UEA end)

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

Ooo, thank you, I was going to Colorcote out at Hethel- not realising there were nearer ones! I will try and contact the ones you mention as it will be a bit tricky getting my frame out to Hethel and then back again! Pretty sure I want powder coating too as it believe it's harder wearing. Thanks!

Bill

Hello Helen, My cycle seems to be what you would like to find if you could find one! It certainly looks like picture's that I see of Dutch cycles. I needed a low 'step-over' as I have hip problems from a motorcycle accident in 1975. My frame gives me a 14" high step over. I also got rid of the dropped handlebars and now use a 'Great North Road' bar which is 'sit up and beg' because of neck and hand problems from other accidents!

Top Bottom