Hello from Norfolk!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinr

And Norwich continues its slow takeover of the forum...

Hi!

I know a few who have used Colorcote, they come recommended. Even if they are a bit farther out.

bauldbairn

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums!! :hello:

Ooo, thank you, I was going to Colorcote out at Hethel- not realising there were nearer ones! I will try and contact the ones you mention as it will be a bit tricky getting my frame out to Hethel and then back again! Pretty sure I want powder coating too as it believe it's harder wearing. Thanks!

Sorry I have taken my time to get back to you Helen.

The Powder coaters that I recommend are;

J&P Procoat Ltd, 3 Aylsham Way, Aylsham Road, Norwich NR3 2RF 01603 787089 Jandpprocoat@btconnet.com

and for wet paint spraying (2 pack, enamels, etc.):

S.R. Car Body Repairs, Unit 4 Henderson Business Park, Ivy Road Norwich, NR5 8BF 07565 892665

Both have done very high quality work for me in the past (and at the moment)....... just say that Gareth from Cargo Cycles sent you.

Ksmith063

Hi Helen and welcome to the site. Just out of interest any idea how much the frame painting will cost? I'm looking to have a frame sprayed but am on a tight budget but really want to avoid spray cans from Halfords!!

OP
OP
mookles

mookles

Lol, no problem Gareth- I've already tracked down the one on Alysham Rd and spoke to them yesterday (well, OH did- I was at work!). Collette is going in next week so she can be dismantled over the weekend :sad:

Ksmith063- colorcote at Hethel quoted £55 for powder coating, and J&P Procoat £45-£50. Both include all prep work, and powder coating of the frame, forks and chainguard. I'm going with J&P procoat as although they said there may be a wait on the sandblaster to remove the old paint, it is a lot closer to me. Both companies were very helpful. I think my dynamo wire may die in process, though both said I could leave it in and see what happens, eeek!

Still haven't decided on a colour though, and am not looking forward to seeing my trusty (rusty) old friend in pieces! Have taken some before pics, and will add them when there's some after ones too :smile:

Thanks for all your help!

H

johnsie

And Norwich continues its slow takeover of the forum...

Hi!

I know a few who have used Colorcote, they come recommended. Even if they are a bit farther out.

And another one here too - an old duffer - but nevertheless keen.

Just had my "racing bike" c 1978 resprayed through Mick Madgett in Diss - Don't know which sprayer he uses though.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Funny you should say that, I have been considering a cream colour, with chrome, (fake) leather saddle and grips, and getting some sexy basketry.....

Why the fake leather? You can't beat the feel of real leather and that's coming from a veggie ;)

I keep a look out round Nch when you're done :hyper:

e-rider

crappy member
welcome, I also cycle about Norwich and to the mighty UEA - perhaps we might meet in the ZICER bike shed!

g00se

Veteran
Hi from another Norvicinian... (i think that's the correct term).

I built a bike for my wife and used J&P to clear powder coat the frame (stripped and polished). Looks very good.

I'm going to build an 'ebay' bike for myself and will probably get them to powder coat the frame.

Saewulfe

Hi all from, you guessed it another Norwichian,
I'm liking the idea or getting one of my bike frames powder coated, do any of you wonderful people have any pics of finished work I could see please?

g00se

Veteran
It's not the greatest set of images but this is the wife's bike that was a old aluminium frame that was stripped and rough finished with an orbital sander before having J&P apply a clear powder coat to protect it (looks like the frame is coated in glass).

gallery_6565_200_1687363.jpg

gallery_6565_200_277198.jpg

Jon Fowler

Hi bit late in joining the chat, yes I'm from Norfolk too. I have a giant composite tcr which has seen a few tumbles in past weeks I'm looking at getting it revitalised with a new paint job are these guys still open tried calling J&P Procoat no joy similar for colourcote. Any ideas of cost I'm having to strip components n replace some of them so it's just the painting I need

Top Bottom