Hello from Northamptonshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edmunj

Hi, I am new to cycling, not really cycled since I was a kid, but my daughter has just completed Bikeability at her school and is very keen to go on longer bike rides, so my aim is to get the family cycling, I will be looking for off road cycling initially, however if I feel my daughter is safe enough my long term aim will be to try and cycle to and from school.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi and :welcome:.

I'm just about to start work as Bikeability Instructor and I'm pleased to hear that your daughters course has inspired and your family to get out there. Get out on the road with her to reinforce what she has just learnt before she forgets and let her show you what she has been doing. Give her the chance to teach you as she has just been taught. And don't make her feel it's unsafe out there, it isn't.

OP
OP
edmunj

edmunj

Thank you guitarpete247 for your reply, I know my daughter will be more confident on the roads than me! She has learnt so much, I have never really ridden on roads as I grew up in a small village where we just rode around pleasing ourselves, no highway code was needed! Bikeability is fantastic, every school should do it, I really feel happy now that my daughter will be safe.

Top Bottom