Hello from Norwich

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400ixl

Hi all,

New member and just getting back into cycling to get fit again. Slowly building the miles up with 20-25 mile runs at the moment.

I am 49 and live a few miles west of Norwich in Norfolk.

Dragged my old Dawes out of the back of the shed (1980's model) but the amount of maintenance required made it un-economical so have bought a second-hand 2019 Trek Domane ALR 3 which I am pleased with so far now I have set it up for my fit and given it a service. Dawes upgrade will now come later or may sell it for someone else to put back into service (its an old 501 26" frame with Mavic 700c wheels).

As I build up the fitness I will start to look at improving equipment, bike currently has flats and may move to SPD's. Will look at a trainer as winter comes in to replace the spin bike I currently have.

Tyres will be one of the first things to consider as it has summer tyres on it today (Bontrager R1's in 700 x 28c) which I hear aren't the best in the wet. Have read a few threads on here and have an idea of a few options in mind now.

Aim is to get to a level of fitness that next spring I will be confident to join social rides and maybe even a club. Enjoying the solo riding at my own pace at the moment.

Looking forward to getting involved and getting back up to speed.

Thanks,

Stu

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Let us know how you get on Stu - I fairly recently started investigating clubs in the area. Got one in mind in particular but I need the winter to get back to a modicum of fitness before embarrassing myself. At least it is flat (tish) around here :laugh:

OP
OP
400ixl

400ixl

Let us know how you get on Stu - I fairly recently started investigating clubs in the area. Got one in mind in particular but I need the winter to get back to a modicum of fitness before embarrassing myself. At least it is flat (tish) around here :laugh:

Sounds like a similar position to me there then. Once I can average at a decent speed on 25+ mile runs I'll feel more comfortable. Likewise, interested to hear how you get on and which clubs you consider.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Thanks Saluki, will keep that in mind for when fitness levels allow. Went past your way yesterday as it happens.
Not wildly fit myself. Got distracted by HIIT, EMOM & AMRAP classes and it robbed me of my fit cycling legs.:laugh: However, I now have a ‘resting burpee face’.

Hi all,

New member and just getting back into cycling to get fit again. Slowly building the miles up with 20-25 mile runs at the moment.

I am 49 and live a few miles west of Norwich in Norfolk.

Dragged my old Dawes out of the back of the shed (1980's model) but the amount of maintenance required made it un-economical so have bought a second-hand 2019 Trek Domane ALR 3 which I am pleased with so far now I have set it up for my fit and given it a service. Dawes upgrade will now come later or may sell it for someone else to put back into service (its an old 501 26" frame with Mavic 700c wheels).

As I build up the fitness I will start to look at improving equipment, bike currently has flats and may move to SPD's. Will look at a trainer as winter comes in to replace the spin bike I currently have.

Tyres will be one of the first things to consider as it has summer tyres on it today (Bontrager R1's in 700 x 28c) which I hear aren't the best in the wet. Have read a few threads on here and have an idea of a few options in mind now.

Aim is to get to a level of fitness that next spring I will be confident to join social rides and maybe even a club. Enjoying the solo riding at my own pace at the moment.

Looking forward to getting involved and getting back up to speed.

Thanks,

Stu
Hi Stu, hope the cycling goes well and we get some :sun: soon.

Top Bottom