Hello from Oxfordshire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fourtotwo

Evening all, just thought i'd come and say hello.

Just getting properly into cycling on a daily basis, now i've moved to a reasonably flat town i really want to start using the bike instead of the cars around town, i've even purchased a trailer for carting my toddler around in!

Hopefully i'll be using the forums to get all the info on stuff i need to acquire, techniques and such for riding in the winter, No better time to start than November eh??

Anyway, Hi!

mark st1

Plastic Manc
:welcome: mate you certainly have a nice area to cycle in and after driving round Oxford for a few years i know you certainly wont be alone. Masses of information on here and some jolly good folks :whistle:. Hope you enjoy it.

stuff for the winter............... How big is your wallet lol I can highly reccomend the Altura leg warmers they kept me nice and toastie today :smile:

Cyclist33

Evening all, just thought i'd come and say hello.

Just getting properly into cycling on a daily basis, now i've moved to a reasonably flat town i really want to start using the bike instead of the cars around town, i've even purchased a trailer for carting my toddler around in!

Hopefully i'll be using the forums to get all the info on stuff i need to acquire, techniques and such for riding in the winter, No better time to start than November eh??

Anyway, Hi!

hello and welcome. where have you moved to? i spent many happy years in oxon...

C7KEN

Über Member
Welcome to the forum. I now live in Spain but originally lived in Long Hanborough and Woodstock. You are surrounded by lovely cycle routes where you live. Some are listed on the web by Cherwell Valley council and on my visit to the UK last august I rode some which were mainly avoiding busy roads and crossed the Oxfordshire canal several times . I think I found them by typing "oxford cycle routes" in google. I love to get out on the bike ansd am now doing approx 50km's every day with approx 70km's each Wednesday. Hills used to be difficult but I think I have them mastered now even the one today with an incline of 18deg and a sign telling bikers to walk (smile) I look forward to hearing about your experiences on here

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CChat!
You will be fine, I too have started in winter.
Remember to get decent lights.

OP
OP
fourtotwo

fourtotwo

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

hello and welcome. where have you moved to? i spent many happy years in oxon...
Thanks! Just moved to Abingdon.

Welcome to the forum. I now live in Spain but originally lived in Long Hanborough and Woodstock.

Beautiful place! We love it so much we got married there this 'Summer' we were lucky though, we had the one sunny day.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Welcome!
Abingdon member here.
Check out Abingdon Freewheeling, social cycling - Roads every thurs, mtb every Tues and usually something going-on on Sundays too. Beers after evening rides in KH&B, all welcome, even other CC'ers!

Top Bottom