Hello from Pontefract West Yorks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nonethewiser

Hi all

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and join up. I haven't cycled for around 10 years and aim to change all that over the next few weeks. One thing that has become apparent to me is the bewildering number of choices when it comes to bikes, accessories, etc, etc and no doubt that is something that most newbies/returnees are currently faced with! After mulling and chewing for ages I am seriously considering a Triban 540 which, to my inexperienced eyes at least, appears to offer decent value for money and to be a good choice for a first road bike to ease me back into it all. No doubt I will be seeking advice and what have you so expect some typical newbie questions!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Hello :welcome:

Venod

Eh up
Eyup Nonethewiser I also live in Pontefract as does @Nigelnaturist, hope you find the right bike, I am a member of Knottingley Velo cycling club, they have rides for everybody, should you wish for company I don't do a lot of rides with them, as since retiring most of my cycling is midweek daytime and I like to go my own pace and direction.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nonethewiser

Thanks for the welcome folks. It's good to see that there are a couple of other members from Ponty, Afnung. I managed to take early retirement last year (I'm 55) and also intend to largely ride midweek when the roads are a bit quieter. One of my old mates has been riding for a number of years and works part-time these days so hopefully I'll be able to tag along with him. Once I get a steed I'll initially ride round places like Darrington, Womersley and Wentbridge.

Thanks for the tip, Nibor but that C d F is probably a bit on the large side for me as I'm a vertically challenged 5'6" with an inside leg of next to nowt! Besides, my track record of buying second hand vehicles is pants and I think I'll be safer with new on this occasion!

Top Bottom