Hello from Portsmouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chewbaker

Regular
Hey everyone, new member here!

I recently started cyle commuting on Eastway R3.0 that had been gathering dust in my spare room but was knocked off it two weeks ago!

So whilst I recover from a torn rotator cuff I'm reading more into cycling and in particular, trying to decide what bike I might buy as a replacement.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Welcome to the forum :hello:, sorry to hear about your accident. :sad:

There is lots of information available here about using your bike for commuting and always many opinions on the eternal 'which bike' question.

Reading some of the tales of woe on this and other sites you might think that getting knocked off your bike is normal. It isn't, and shouldn't be. There's lots you can do to avoid being a victim of careless driving and improving your chances (and we are not talking about the placebo helmet and Hi-Viz jacket).

Take your time to read some of the commuting tips on this site and I hope you get well soon and return to cycling in the near future.

OP
OP
C

chewbaker

Regular
Welcome to the forum :hello:, sorry to hear about your accident. :sad:

There is lots of information available here about using your bike for commuting and always many opinions on the eternal 'which bike' question.

Reading some of the tales of woe on this and other sites you might think that getting knocked off your bike is normal. It isn't, and shouldn't be. There's lots you can do to avoid being a victim of careless driving and improving your chances (and we are not talking about the placebo helmet and Hi-Viz jacket).

Take your time to read some of the commuting tips on this site and I hope you get well soon and return to cycling in the near future.

Thanks buddy, it was extremely sobering to realise how vulnerable we are on a bike even when we're following the rules of the road!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
39? Still a youngster then....

Top Bottom