Hello from Sittingbourne, Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_gilmour

Afternoon all . like thousands at this time of year I'm looking to get fitter. After spending 8 months doing spin class (and enjoying it) the old bike has been fixed up and I'm braving the elements once more . Would like to buddy up with a group/individual in the area for rides in the evening or weekends

Mrs M

Guru
Hello :welcome:

Chrisz

Über Member
Hi Mark - welcome fellow Sittingbourne dweller :smile:

If you are looking for a regular Sunday morning ride you could join the lot from Victory Cycles. Alternatively you could hook up with Ashford Wheelers (I usually drive down!) who meet every Sunday 09:00hrs at the Renault Garage, Great Chart Road, Ashford.

Unfortunately I can't very often get away with evening rides but I'm often out and about Sunday mornings (I quite often drive out to a start point and ride from there!) for a 40/50 mile ride (from Homewood Ave).

OP
OP
mark_gilmour

mark_gilmour

Hi Mark - welcome fellow Sittingbourne dweller :smile:

If you are looking for a regular Sunday morning ride you could join the lot from Victory Cycles. Alternatively you could hook up with Ashford Wheelers (I usually drive down!) who meet every Sunday 09:00hrs at the Renault Garage, Great Chart Road, Ashford.

Unfortunately I can't very often get away with evening rides but I'm often out and about Sunday mornings (I quite often drive out to a start point and ride from there!) for a 40/50 mile ride (from Homewood Ave).
I've seen the group outside victory cycles on Sunday when driving past (often when hunting down breakfast!) Not quite up for 40+ miles yet but hoping I am fit enough for it in spring/summer. It's a great motivation to know there are others in the area with whom I can ride with ! Thanks so much for replying its really appreciated

Chrisz

Über Member
You'll be banging out the 40s by summer - no worries! it's surprising how quickly you can increase your distances!!!

Top Bottom