Hello from Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegisp

Regular
Hi Everyone,

Fairly new here. Only started riding regularly about 6 weeks ago, got a pretty basic Specialized Allez. Now up to about 100 miles a week, hoping to up this, get faster and maybe even loose a few pounds.

Did the 52 mile great Manchester cycle today. No record setting but good fun.

Hoping to keep my motivation and work rate up

Bryony

Veteran
:welcome: and happy cycling! :bicycle:

OP
OP
T

thegisp

Regular
Elloo from just outside Stockport
Hi. Where in south Manc is a good place to start doing some small hills? So far I've been mostly on the cheshire plain, except for a trip that included an up and down from Whaley bridge to bollington that did me in! I'd like to build up a bit more gradually

Hyslop

Veteran
Thanks. As a former native of Westmorland, hello!
Excellent!I take it youre involved in cultural missionary work down there in the deep South!^_^ There seem to be a lot of us from the Twin Counties on here,all brimming with culture,humour and erudition!We should have a jersey of our own really,just like some other "areas" do:thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

thegisp

Regular
Excellent!I take it youre involved in cultural missionary work down there in the deep South!^_^ There seem to be a lot of us from the Twin Counties on here,all brimming with culture,humour and erudition!We should have a jersey of our own really,just like some other "areas" do:thumbsup:
Yeah, here to spread the good word. Funny you should say that, was thinking of trying to get a Cumbrian flag for going to watch Le tour at the weekend, as a bit of homage to all the Basque flags you see

Top Bottom