Hello from Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeShot

Veteran
Hi There and.............

Welcome from Gatley

For hills going south from Stockport, anything east of the A523 can be quite lumpy. west of the A34 is quite flat and the bit between is full of ups and downs that will help to get you going

Have fun

Mike

Hyslop

Veteran
Yeah, here to spread the good word. Funny you should say that, was thinking of trying to get a Cumbrian flag for going to watch Le tour at the weekend, as a bit of homage to all the Basque flags you see
Hope you find a flag,I ll look out for you!Mind you,I bet you could get 1 in Keswick!Gore-tex probably what with all the touroid outdoor shops.Enjoy yourself anyway,should be good.Id have been on Jenkin Rd but cant make it which is just as well as I think my "marra" has invited about 300 others as well.If you go to Sheffield,theres a video {speeded up] on the Sheffield Star site.Have fun !:thumbsup:

Hyslop

Veteran
Just realized,I ought to say the video shows the route through Sheffield and The Star is the local paper Great place Sheffield.

OP
OP
T

thegisp

Regular
Hope you find a flag,I ll look out for you!Mind you,I bet you could get 1 in Keswick!Gore-tex probably what with all the touroid outdoor shops.Enjoy yourself anyway,should be good.Id have been on Jenkin Rd but cant make it which is just as well as I think my "marra" has invited about 300 others as well.If you go to Sheffield,theres a video {speeded up] on the Sheffield Star site.Have fun !:thumbsup:
Flag sorted. Team Cumbria out in force on Cragg Rd tomorrow
image.jpg

OP
OP
T

thegisp

Regular
Hi There and.............

Welcome from Gatley

For hills going south from Stockport, anything east of the A523 can be quite lumpy. west of the A34 is quite flat and the bit between is full of ups and downs that will help to get you going

Have fun

Mike
Thanks,

Been going out that way and got some practice on the little ups and downs. Went up Rochdale way today and found a few slightly bigger hills. Steady away and I'll start to improve I hope!

Hyslop

Veteran
Brilliant!I ll be waving back!Cragg Rd is familiar,I used to run there when I was at Uni,that said I know Jenkin Rd as well, been up it on the bike{a long time ago],and when I came off as inevitably I did, the bike passed me on the way back down!Probablyvery funny for a spectator!Enjoy yourself,should be a superb day,give Jens Voigt a shout for me.

Top Bottom