Hello from Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Good Afternoon

I have been reading the forum after seeing a fair number of link from the Cycling UK forum over here and like what it see.

I have just started as a new bike commuter, did first three days last week and have 5 coming up this week. The first two last week where pretty wet, but it still enjoyed it.

I have in recent years only used my bike to accompany my eldest on short bike rides or the odd longer ride myself, but over the last month or so I have been getting out and doing as much as I can as I am really enjoying it. I'm not fast but I feel that is increasing now, 10mph was today's average over 35 miles.

I have 3 bikes now my "main" bike is a Saracen Hybrid from 15 years ago, I love riding it, I have just replaced the forks as the old ones had seen better days and it has new rubber, saddle, mud guards and rack so a perfect commuting machine.

I also have a Winora bike from Germany which I am currently fixing up to be my very bad weather / backup bike.

Finally I have a cheap generic Raleigh Folding bike which is great to take camping.

Thanks

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Here is the rest of the fleet, the Winora and the Raleigh.

Got out on the Winora for the first time today after picking up some inner tubes. Will order some tyres and brake blocks this week then it should all be in order including Dynamo lighting, halogen not led.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Thanks for the welcomes.

The folder is having a few mechanical issues so will be off the road for a short while whist I decide what to do, it at least needs the headset bearings and cups replaced.

The Winora however was treated to two new Schwalbe Land Cruiser Plus tyres today and some Clarkes Brake pads, hopefully will be perfect for its intended use. After riding it a bit I think I may look at replacing the stem to I can raise it a little more, it is a bit bum in the air for my liking. But I will take it on a longer ride over the next few days and make a decision. I am also going to take the dynamo and lights off it, I had hoped to get them working but I am not satisfied, so I will take them off and relook at it after the winter. I will pickup spare mounts for my other lights so I cam move them over easily.

Finding squishy 2" wide tyres quite weirds so will take some getting used to, running them at 50psi at the moment.

Top Bottom