Hello from Stockton on Tees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, newbie here. Restarted cycling a couple of years ago with an old style mountain bike. I always believed that there was no difference between my £120 bike and a more expensive one until I bought a £400 plus bike and was instantly converted. I would like some recommendations please for a second hand road bike as I find I seem to enjoy this style of riding too, however it seems a little slow on my mountain bike.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Hello Paul, welcome to Cyclechat!

I'm just a bit north of you. There are a few northerners on the forum.

I can't help with recommendations for a road bike but I do volunteer with a charity that recycles donated bikes and resells them. We often have road bikes available. We've shops in Newcastle & Durham but there may be a similar scheme near to you.

OP
OP
P

Paul Keating

I can't help with recommendations for a road bike but I do volunteer with a charity that recycles donated bikes and resells them. We often have road bikes available. We've shops in Newcastle & Durham but there may be a similar scheme near to you.
Thanks for that I'll try and have a look. Cheers Paul

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks for that I may pop on to gum tree to have a look there. Wife says the budget for a bike needs to be around £175 tops.
On here that sort of figure would be grounds for divorce :laugh:.

Salar

A fish out of water
Welcome @Paul Keating

What MTB do you have.

Now I'm no roadie and don't know much, sorry anything, about modern road bikes.

However I seen this the other day when browsing, I know Barracuda made very poor BSO bikes in years gone by, but it seems they had a make over in 2014.

I think it's fitted with Tourney parts. The welds may be dodgy, the axles and bottom brackets could be like like sticks of rock, other bits could be plastic and it could fall apart in a week I just don't know. I can't see how they can make something this cheap.
Has anyone seen one?

https://outlet.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/...d-racing-bike-green-alloy-frame-14-speed-700c

OP
OP
P

Paul Keating

Where abouts in Durham please and do you have a website?

Top Bottom