Hello from Sunderland!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surprised how many Sunderland guys and girls are on here. I often ride through parts of Sunderland, I have to say I don't see too many other cyclists about, with the exception of the coast of course there's always a few out and about.

By the way if any of you Sunderland (and other locals) are looking for a club, why not check out:

www.sunderlandclarion.org.uk

We would certainly love to see some females interested.

carolonabike

By the way if any of you Sunderland (and other locals) are looking for a club, why not check out:

www.sunderlandclarion.org.uk

We would certainly love to see some females interested.
Addict, I've looked at Sunderland Clarion's website in the past and I often see you lot whizzing along the sea front but I would never have the nerve to join a club, I'm a slow rider 13 - 14mph. Do you do more social, rather less intimidating rides than the Sunday Club Run? (apologies to Helen for the thread hijack)

Addict, I've looked at Sunderland Clarion's website in the past and I often see you lot whizzing along the sea front but I would never have the nerve to join a club, I'm a slow rider 13 - 14mph. Do you do more social, rather less intimidating rides than the Sunday Club Run? (apologies to Helen for the thread hijack)

Carol
We have 3 runs per week. Thursday evening starting at the Bungalow Cafe, Roker this is a fast short route about 23 miles but even the slower group are doing 19 mph average.
On Sundays we usually have two rides, which will meet at either Shiney Row or Follingsby. One is the faster training group for the lads who are racing. The other is the 'normal' club run with coffee and cake stop, the speed of this group is usually around 16-17 mph average, with distances rangeing between 60-100 miles.

I now it sounds intimidating. I know lots of guys hang around the forum for a while plucking up the 'courage' to attend a club run. I have to say that those who do attend are often surprised how easy they find it.

But I suspect the distance and speed will certainly be putting a lot of girls off. It would be interesting to find out what you would like to find in a club like ours. You could PM me your thoughts, and i will certainly raise the point at the next club meeting. I know we would love to see more (we have none at the moment) female members.

Top Bottom