Hello from Sutton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hey there ;)
Just joined up - highly amateur (i.e. slow) lady cyclist here. Just getting back into cycling after a crash last September resulting in knee surgery in February ;) Forgotten how much bike kit there is to buy!!

Two bikes, a 2009 Trek 7.3 WSD hybrid - speedier dry weather beast and a new Specialized Crosstrail acquired via cycle to work scheme - chunkier, more stable beast which seems to cope better with the hideous potholed roads around here!

Fair weather cyclist, enjoying the warmer, drier weather in the last couple of weeks - using the bike for pottering around (so going to Starbucks for skinny latte) and an 8 mile round trip commute to work/gym.

Looking forward to being part of the community :smile:

ACS

Legendary Member
;);)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Helloooo

Sutton Surrey perchance? My old stomping ground, got married and bought first flat in Belmont!
Good access to the Surrey hills and also the big city!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep, Surrey

Unfortunately, my knee (or my heart) isn't up to proper hills, St Dunstans is ok, not going to be able to do Box (not least on the advice of my physio)!

I have taken the bike into London once (by train)...scared myself witless going round Hyde Park Corner from Knightsbridge to Victoria - almost got squashed by an R8 and countless buses :tongue:

redddraggon

Blondie
One of my friends lives in the London Sutton, he rides a Yellow Giant SCR1 if you've seen him around?

I reckon, and my friend would probably agree, that the Macclesfield Sutton is a nicer place.

Gandalf

Veteran
vickster said:
Yep, Surrey

Unfortunately, my knee (or my heart) isn't up to proper hills, St Dunstans is ok, not going to be able to do Box (not least on the advice of my physio)!

I have taken the bike into London once (by train)...scared myself witless going round Hyde Park Corner from Knightsbridge to Victoria - almost got squashed by an R8 and countless buses :wacko:

St Dunstan's would be OK were it not for the nutters on the A217.

For my sins I'm also from Sutton, Hi de Hi.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
vickster said:
I had two and a red (well pink) one - are you *that* BrumJim? :wacko:

Yes - good to bump into you again. Although I don't think we've met in person. We managed to miss each other at the Duxford day.

Top Bottom