Hello from the Lincolnshire Wolds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivethumbs

Hi, I'm glad to have joined this forum, I've been cycling for around 55 years but find new things to learn constantly! I currently own the required number of bikes (one less than I want) and most of my experience is as a road cyclist but I've recently bought my first MTB a Lapierre Edge which is great for the slimy bridleways and tracks in these parts. Looking forward to taking part in discussions!

13 rider

Guru
Hi and Welcome . Apparently Lincolnshire is pan flat :smile: apart from the Wolds :laugh:
Some of us Leicester Ccers cross the boarder and ride to Lincoln making use of the prevailing wind and catch the train back

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi from very close to the Lincolshire Wolds, if you have ever done the Sustrans route through Bardney then you have been past my door.

OP
OP
Fivethumbs

Fivethumbs

Hi from very close to the Lincolshire Wolds, if you have ever done the Sustrans route through Bardney then you have been past my door.
I haven't done the Sustrans route, I tend to make it up as I go! I've been through Bardney though as it is quite close, I live in Ranby which is just off the B1225, lots of lovely Bridleways and lots of good single track roads.

OP
OP
Fivethumbs

Fivethumbs

Hi and Welcome . Apparently Lincolnshire is pan flat :smile: apart from the Wolds :laugh:
Some of us Leicester Ccers cross the boarder and ride to Lincoln making use of the prevailing wind and catch the train back
I thought Lincolnshire was flat until I moved to the Wolds! Smart move to use the train to get back, no one likes a headwind!

screenman

Legendary Member
I haven't done the Sustrans route, I tend to make it up as I go! I've been through Bardney though as it is quite close, I live in Ranby which is just off the B1225, lots of lovely Bridleways and lots of good single track roads.

I have cycled through there a lot of times that is for sure, great cycling area.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
:welcome:

Top Bottom