Hello from Tunbridge Wells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I came across CycleChat while grazing the internet with regards to the wisdom of updating my Raleigh Airlite 100, 2014 limited edition, or just buying a new bike. I only paid £300 for the bike, and as a leisure cyclist who potters about doing around 40 miles on a day out, it has, and continues to serve me well. I have been to the store where I bought it, and have been encouraged to simply buy a new and 'better' cycle. An independent store told me I could upgrade the complete groupset from tourneys to sora for £340 (including fitting and setting up by a qualified mechanic). However, if I throw in a new set of lighter wheels, the upgrade racks up to around £600, i.e. the price of a new bike but with the lesser Claris groupset and probably heavy wheels. Of course, if I just upgraded the complete groupset with sora I'd have paid out a total of £640 and end up with a machine I really like. Past reviews note that the Airlite 100 was a good bike with a good frame and great value at £500 (of which I paid £300).

Mrs M

Guru
:hello:

Top Bottom