Hello from Twickenham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tobes

Regular
Hi,

New to forums and cycling so a welcome post is a huge challenge!

Got back on a bike after more than 20 years since I last rode, all as part of an attempt at getting back into shape after piling on some pounds (lots) after my wife and I had twins. We left our sporting days behind us and after 2 years of no gym, squash, swimming or tennis I managed to gain a hefty 3 and a half stone.

5 months in and I've now lost about 2.5 stone thanks to a change in diet, some running and of course cycling. The cycling I've really enjoyed and have now moved from off road to road and even cycled to work. 12 miles into central London and just 1 degree C on the first morning!

Anyway fallen back in love with cycling and now have the strava bug. Gradually improving a Richmond park lap time (29 mins down to 22) and all in bad weather. It's actually a Richmond park thread on this forum that led me here.

Toby

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome and a Happy New Year to you. :welcome:

screenman

Legendary Member
Welcome from an ex member of Twickenham Cycling Club, now living up north, but I still get down your way once a year. A couple of weeks back we stayed at the Winning Post and Consider The Webb Ellis our local when there. We have family around there, only one rides a bike, after all what other way is there from Whitton to Teddington at 7.30am.

OP
OP
Tobes

Tobes

Regular
Cheers guys.

Well the winning post is pretty local to me, maybe a 5 or so minute walk.

The Prince Blucher is my nearest pub.

How did you find it at Twickenham cycling club? I've had some thoughts on joining a local club. That and the Richmond park roulers both feature heavily in local cycling searches online.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cheers guys.

Well the winning post is pretty local to me, maybe a 5 or so minute walk.

The Prince Blucher is my nearest pub.

How did you find it at Twickenham cycling club? I've had some thoughts on joining a local club. That and the Richmond park roulers both feature heavily in local cycling searches online.

SIL lives in Hamilton Road.

The Twickenham was a tiny club when I left 47 years ago. Just join a club and see what happens, you can always resign, most have a lot to offer.

colly

Re member eR
Hello @Tobes.

Ex Twickenham-ite here too. Had many a pint in The Prince Blucher. @screenman mentioned Hamilton Road. I lived just round the corner from there in Talbot Road for a few years.

Welcome to the forum.:hello:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
:welcome:
I'm down the road from Twickenham, the TCC often come out this way, quiet often in sizeable groups.

johnnyb47

Guru
:welcome:. You couldn't of picked a better place to talk bikes. :cycle:

OP
OP
Tobes

Tobes

Regular
Again thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Good to know there's some local members who I am sure have flown past me over recent months.

As for the club, cycling was feeling a bit lonely (takes out violin) but recently have done a few laps of the park with some colleagues. Plus now being able to gain a wealth of knowledge from cyclechat I may just about have my cycling fix. For now.

Out of interest does the forum have a strava group/club?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Again thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Good to know there's some local members who I am sure have flown past me over recent months.

As for the club, cycling was feeling a bit lonely (takes out violin) but recently have done a few laps of the park with some colleagues. Plus now being able to gain a wealth of knowledge from cyclechat I may just about have my cycling fix. For now.

Out of interest does the forum have a strava group/club?
Yes, just search for CycleChat on Strava and it’ll appear.

Top Bottom