Hello from Urmston

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayjayoh21

in Manchester.

I'm Andy, only been riding 3 months.

Completed the Manchester to Blackpool yesterday in 3hrs 56mins which I was really pleased with. The last 10 miles were pretty gruelling.
Felt pretty good up until then.

I ride a Gazelle Trim Trophy which was put together for me out of spare parts by my brother in law.

4763274535_245efbe6fc.jpg

She's got a new backwheel on her now as the one in the photo ripped apart on Saturday afternoon,

e-rider

crappy member
Hello! How far is it from Manchester to blackpool?

That handlebar stem looks like it needs raising unless you like it like that.

donsafety

Hi,

Helo from Gloucestershire. Im old and cycle on mu home made recumbent type. Cycled from Londong to Paris last year on it.

Does anyone know where to get pictures of bristol cycle ride 2010?

Thanks
Don

OP
OP
ayjayoh21

ayjayoh21

tundragumski said:
Hello! How far is it from Manchester to blackpool?

It was 62.25 miles according to my computer :ohmy: had already cycled 5 miles from home to the start as well.

I am sure the other 7,999 who did it with me will all say it was a different distance :smile:

tundragumski said:
That handlebar stem looks like it needs raising unless you like it like that.

That could be what's causing my shoulders to ache. I've tried adjusting the seat height but that caused pains in other areas.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
:smile: I did the Manchester to Blackpool yesterday. Good going, metric ton after three months of riding. Did you get the power shower on the Lytham sea front?

OP
OP
ayjayoh21

ayjayoh21

Sand blasted more than power showered. :tongue:

We set off just after 7:30 and arrived at 11:30.

I don't think the rain started until about 1pm - it was just as we were hanging the bikes on the car.

That stretch from Freckleton, through Wharton & Lytham was horrendous.
Struggled at about 8mph.

We were aiming to beat 4 hours.

There was a marshall at a road junction who said "you're 49 miles in, only 12.3 to go" Having got there in 3hrs, we were pretty happy. Even when knackered, 12 miles in 60 minutes is reasonably easy. Until you get 30mph headwinds.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome fellow Manc,like the look of your bike ! Congrats on completing Manchester-Blackpool,i rode the other way around Manchester Airport but saw some of the riders as they passed through Astley.

e-rider

crappy member
ayjayoh21 said:
It was 62.25 miles according to my computer :smile: had already cycled 5 miles from home to the start as well.

I am sure the other 7,999 who did it with me will all say it was a different distance :ohmy:

That could be what's causing my shoulders to ache. I've tried adjusting the seat height but that caused pains in other areas.

Saddle height isn't something that can be adjusted - it's either correct or it isn't. You can slide the saddle forward and backwards though and adjust the angle.
The handlebars are quite low and for most people especially beginners, it would need to be a little higher if you want to stay comfortable on long rides.

bauldbairn

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums. :biggrin:

Nice bike by the way!!!! :biggrin:

It's got more blue than IanRauk's - he won't be pleased!!! :biggrin: - :biggrin:

Top Bottom