Hello from Wakefield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LucyT

shippers said:
Oooohhhh, there's a lot of us Wakey types all of a sudden. Newton Hill anyone?
How did you get back from Scarborough? Train?

I'm in East Ardsley, so pretty near to Newton Hill.

You had the right idea cycling to Scarborough - I went in the car on friday and got stcuk for hours in traffic :sad:

Chris James

Über Member
Paulwakefield said:
Small world... I lived in Skelmanthorpe for 8 years when I was a kid. Birchfield something was the road, and I went to St. Aidens school, still going? It was a long time ago...

St Aidan's is still going, I (vaguely) know the head teacher. Was it Birchfield Grove you lived in?

My kids go to nursery is Skelmanthorpe as I live in Emley.

OP
OP
Paulwakefield

Paulwakefield

Money Saving Berk
Birchfield Grove sounds about right, yes many years ago as a kid though!! I forget the name of the headteacher, probably changed now though, I used to be stood outside his office getting reprimanded often enough back then !!!

Chrisc

Guru
Chris James said:
St Aidan's is still going, I (vaguely) know the head teacher. Was it Birchfield Grove you lived in?

My kids go to nursery is Skelmanthorpe as I live in Emley.

My kids went to St Aidan's it's just round the corner from me.

I ride up to Emley a lot to try out my legs. Sometimes up parkgate, too steep for cold muscles, or usually up woodhouse lane if I'm feeling masochistic. So wherever you go it's uphill home then!

simon a r

Hello Paul,Chris and Chris, small world. I used to live between Emley and Skelly on Park lane.
Never been down the A46 to Scarborough on my bike that was something I used to do most Bank Holidays on a Lambretta, however with these lighter evenings creeping in, I'm tempted by some longer runs out, rather than my daily ride into work.

simon.

OP
OP
Paulwakefield

Paulwakefield

Money Saving Berk
I'm thinking of having a ride out from Leeds to Scotland in a day, up to Gretna Green is 120 miles, now I know it'll be very hilly but I want to try that this year sometime, it's my goal!

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi Paul...
Welcome from me over here.. :smile:

Welcome Paul, just up the road from you in sunny Skelmanthorpe. Never ridden over to Wakey cos it's uphill all the way home!
One of my work-collegues (but differant area/department) rides in each day from Clayton West to 'a large Hospital at Wakefield', come rain or shine (& snow & fog!!)
Not sure how long it takes him, but he seems to enjoy it!!

I'm in East Ardsley, so pretty near to Newton Hill.
Well, roughly 2 miles away, via Bradford Road, or Wrenthorpe bypass:whistle:
I have family in East Ardsley (& Thorpe)

Top Bottom