Hello from Walsall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLAIRE74

Regular
Good evening all I'm Claire from Walsall. I decided last June to take up cycling to lose a bit of weight and for health reasons (I suffer with mild asthma) well by the end of August I had lost about one and a half stones and I found myself using my inhaler for my asthma alot less, I felt so good BUT then when the cold horrible weather came I gave up cycling and ended up putting the weight I lost back on :sad:
I've recently decided that I'm going to get back into cycling to get fit again and not to give up this time hence why I joined this forum hoping to find others near me.....

Hello and welcome.:welcome:

hedder2212

Hi Claire, :welcome: to the forum.

I am from Walsall. Lovely town isnt it ? :laugh: there are a few wassalites on here and a few from wolverhampton way too. :smile:

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
I've heard a few stories Hedder2212 about bikes being stolen in Walsall :cursing:.
I would love to get out on my bike every day but at the moment the weather is terrible.
You'll have to let me know if you're ever around my way, I'm not far from the Aldridge sailing club.

Thank you Mrs M for the warm welcome.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Hi Claire & welcome.

What sort of cycling clothes have you got? I know it's not usually much fun riding in the rain or gale force winds but cold weather shouldn't put you off too much if you have the right gear. Aldi had some winter stuff in their specials a couple of weeks ago - they might have some leftovers hanging about. I'm too mean to pay lots for cycling clothes so I tend to get the Aldi stuff. I got a cycling shirt with a warm lining this time. I think it should be good for winter.

Hopefully you should be able to have some nice winter rides. Just make sure you have lights if you might get caught out in the dark :smile:

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
Morning Anne and thank you.
To be honest I haven't purchased any cycling clothing yet but I have been looking for some as I know I will be a lot more comfortable than wearing normal clothing.
I purchased my bike a few months ago including all the accessories so I'm all set up for evening rides :bicycle:

Top Bottom