Hello from Walsall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

Cmon then, what bike you got? pics? :smile:

(someone was gonna ask it at some point :laugh: )

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
Morning Booyaa and thank you for the welcome.

Morning Hedder2212 it's only a muddyfox mountain bike I love it as it's a nice bright one.
I haven't got a photo of my actual bike but I've uploaded one off the Internet. 51BUGUxwArL._SY300_.jpg

72 years ago I was born in the Manor Hospital and lived in or near Walsall for many years. I retired to South Worcestershire and the delights of this lovely cycling area. If you are ever cycling down this way let me know.

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
Hi backpacker I lived in Walsall when I was toddler for a few years then moved away to Wednesbury then came back to Walsall when I got my first place at the age of 19 then again moved away again after two years to West Bromwich then Derby then moved back to Walsall in 2011. I just can't stay away from Walsall lol.
I will let you know if I'm ever in Worcestershire.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: from another asthma sufferer, only I don't suffer anymore thanks to the cycling.:dance: I hope you get the same benefit.:okay:

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
Morning Rickshaw Phil.
After I had lost about a stone and a half last year I found myself using my inhalers less and less until I wasn't using them at all, I felt soooooo good but then I put the weight back on and I'm back on the inhalers plus I found out a few months ago I've got acid reflux so I'm constantly coughing, I'm surprised my lungs haven't been damaged hence why I'm determined not to give up cycling this time.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well, there are lots of people in here who'll offer encouragement to continue.:thumbsup: If you can ride as often as possible through the winter months it'll all seem much easier and even more enjoyable when the warmer, drier weather comes back round.

My experience with the inhaler is quite similar. I used to have to use it very often but needed it less and less frequently as I cycled more. Now I couldn't honestly tell you when I last used it. Writing this made me have a look at the current inhaler - the expiry date was 2 months ago.:blush: Better order another one I suppose.:laugh:

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi Claire! Just to say - try wrapping up and going out when it's vile, just for a short ride. Be prepared for a battle with the wind and to get wet, as long as you know you can get home and get dry straight afterwards. Choose somewhere flattish if you can! I think you will come back exhilarated and a bit proud of yourself, even if you haven't managed to go over 5mph.

I'm saying this from experience - I was out and had only my bike to get back home, with a real storm brewing. When I got back I felt like a real hero, and all toasty and warm too.

Also, I have hardly any cycling-specific clothing, but I do have outdoor stuff including a decent waterproof jacket and nice warm gloves!

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
Thank you Rickshaw Phil last year when I started cycling I gave up when the winter came but I'm not going to make that mistake again.
I loved it when I didn't have to take my inhalers but now it's grrrrrrr having to use them again.
Oops about your current inhaler :blush:.

Hi Gangmede I'm just about to have lunch then I'm going to go out for a bike ride down the canal paths near me, it will be my first ride in months.
I haven't got any cycle clothing yet (I need to get some) but I've got a warm waterproof jacket and a pair of gloves.

OP
OP
CLAIRE74

CLAIRE74

Regular
Hi and thank you cyberknight. It's off roading that I prefer to be honest.
Thank you for the above link. It's an hour away from me so not that far at all, I have heard from a few people that it's a great place to cycle.

Top Bottom