hello from west london (soon to be manchester again)!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

linbug

Hello all
I’m a female west London cyclist, been cycling a few years now but mostly commuting, I certainly consider myself a novice compared to most of the people on this forum. Still have the Raleigh p4000 that I got when I was 16! Have been out of action for a couple of months due to tendonitis (non-cycling related!) but my time convalescing has gotten me lusting after a proper road bike. I’m looking to spend my summer this year learning all the things about my bike I should have done years ago!

The choice of women’s road bikes around the £500-£600 mark seems pretty restricted, in fact I can't find many alternatives to the Specialized Dolce 24. Can any of you recommend any good brands I should be looking at? And any general advice to a complete drop handlebar novice?

Otherwise hello and I hope you are enjoying the sun!

Shaun

Founder
Oh yes, loving the ;)

Oh, and :evil: to the forums. Enjoy. :tongue:

potsy

Rambler
Welcome linbug,the sun in Manchester is much nicer than that southern sun by the way:biggrin:
I converted to drop bars last year and wouldn't go back now,really easy once you get used to it.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Hello and welcome. Don't know much about them, but a quick google turns up the following:
Trek 1.2 Triple, Pinnacle Aura Flight, Scott Contessa Speedster 25...

Get thee to a bike shop. :tongue:

Top Bottom