Hello from West Lothian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B164D

Hi
I got my first real bike from Ribble Cycles in Preston back in 1970 when I was 15. It was a 23" second hand JRJ with 531 tubing, Campag Gran Sport changers, a 52/44 Stronglite cotterless, Ambrosio bars, Campag quick release hubs and a new Brookes B17 saddle. Initially it got me all over Lancashire and eventually from Preston to Land's End via the Welsh coastline and back then next year up to John O'Groats and back. An accident wrecked the frame and I transferred all the kit to a 25" Peugeot frame which was nicked in Edinburgh in 1978....
Since then I've had a couple of too small second hand bikes indifferently equipped and not done too much cycling. The current ride is a Phillips Premiere rescued from the local recycling centre. My GP recently told me to move about a bit more and the obvious way was to start commuting by bike the 5 miles to work. It's being going well for the last couple of months and re-awoken my love of cycling. So what do I want for Christmas - a 63 cm Triban 3 - ordered it yesterday to be in with a chance. Decathlon didn't have one to try but tell me that there will be no issues if when I go to collect I change my mind when I try it.
Looking forward to 2013!
Cheers
B164D

Hiya :hello:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:thumbsup: B164D and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:I roam (slowly) around the W Lothian roads :bicycle: and, occasionally, hills :ohmy:, so we might meet sometime before a CC Ecosse Forum Ride.

:thumbsup: That would be good.

monkeylc

Über Member
:hello:

Fubar

Guru
Another Triban 3er - we will soon be outcasts!!! ;) Hi and :welcome: from Dunfermline, hope to see you out and about sometime. Regards, Mark

OP
OP
B164D

B164D

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to meeting some of you in due course!
Cheers
Big Fordy

OP
OP
B164D

B164D

It's been an up and down sort of a week...
Monday commute found a better route and great weather.^_^
Tuesday on the ride home the brazed on lever for the rear derailleur fell off. Managed to wedge it in place to cycle home.:sad:
Wednesday set the rear derailleur to a mid range sprocket and found my 2-speed got me to work and back just fine - started dreaming of converting it to a single speed or maybe even a fixie.:dance:
Thursday and Friday just too wet for me took the car instead.:rain:
Saturday, into Decathlon Edinburgh to pick up a helmet and there were Triban 3s everywhere including my 63cm - a quick try out and it feels great.:wahhey:
I can't cycle it again until 25th December since it's my Chrissie present from my wife.... :snowball:

OP
OP
B164D

B164D

Merry Xmas Everybody!!!
C:\Users\John\Desktop\Triban Xmas.jpg
Triban Xmas.jpg

Top Bottom