Hello from West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ejectseat

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first bike I have used/owned for 25 years, first real run today

I reckon this isn't too bad for a near 17 st chap 5'9" short arse

6 miles, 31mins, avg speed 11.5 mph, a couple of hills not too steep

All done on a Carrera Subway 8 alfine

any help or advice always welcome and never ignored

thanks and hello again

OP
OP
E

ejectseat

Hi, User

Between Willenhall and Bloxwich,

I see that you are from Brum!

I have just started to ride again after 25yrs of no bike, just doing it for fitness really.

OP
OP
E

ejectseat

Not as broad as Dudlaaay* over here

I sometimes feel the need to explain to the people I work with, the subtle differences between a Black Country accent and a Birmingham accent, a short Aynuk & Ayli dialogue usually sorts that out but, then they are from Shrewsbury and as such, Welsh border raiders.

*(Not everyone will get this)

stevieboy378

Hello ejectseat and Canalrider - nice to see a few locals around here . . . .
I'm just up the road ( or should that be along the cut ?? ) from you, in Aldridge . . . .

CanalRider

bauldbairn said:
Hello ejectseat and CanalRider and Welcome to the CC forums. :wacko:
Thank you.

stevieboy378 said:
Hello ejectseat and Canalrider - nice to see a few locals around here . . . .
I'm just up the road ( or should that be along the cut ?? ) from you, in Aldridge . . . .

I know it well, I used to work on Industrial Estate there and also in Aldridge Running Club

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Good start. Addictive this biking lark. Started to use mine a bit more a few years ago. Then bought a new one. Then started riding into work more. Then every day regardless of the weather (except newly-lain snow), then spent a lot on bits, and today did 50 miles in over 15 mile/h average. And want to do more.

Stop now, before it takes hold of your life!!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
ejectseat said:
Not as broad as Dudlaaay* over here

I sometimes feel the need to explain to the people I work with, the subtle differences between a Black Country accent and a Birmingham accent, a short Aynuk & Ayli dialogue usually sorts that out but, then they are from Shrewsbury and as such, Welsh border raiders.

*(Not everyone will get this)
I understood that and I'm from Durham
Welcome to the Forum
Elmer (Ex-pat Brummie in Exile!)

Top Bottom