Hello I'm new here for fitness, advice and selling bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giant-Churchy

Hello All,

I have been into mountain bikes for a while and have recently moved to Coningsby with work, since moving here I have not been able to do much mountain biking as some off you will know with regards to this area. I>E its rather flat. Thus leading me onto Road bikes. I know what your thinking its new year and I want to get fitter well your correct the problem is I have my first road bike with a lovely Christmas present from my family. At this point everything was great little to my knowledge that I have been brought a Giant Defy 2 that's to large for me... Its a medium large and I need a medium. So far then my road bike journey isn't going to well lol.. If you wanted to look at the bike I have for sale its on this link
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=12953845

But other than that set back my intentions are to race and ride road bikes around the Lincolnshire area..

Thanks hope you all had a good Christmas and New year

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Have you already ridden it? If not, it might be possible for the shop they got it from to swap it for a smaller frame size?

And :welcome:

OP
OP
Giant-Churchy

Giant-Churchy

Have you already ridden it? If not, it might be possible for the shop they got it from to swap it for a smaller frame size?

And :welcome:

All ready been down that route sold as an ex demonstrator so has no come back kinda sold as seen. Wishing my family had given me the money but it was a lovely thing to do. Shame it hasn't paid off lol. I'm sure ill be able to sell and get one that fits correctly lol.

All ready been down that route sold as an ex demonstrator so has no come back kinda sold as seen.
So the shop sold a bike without confirming it was OK for the end user? Even though they'll hide behind whatever your family told them when they bought it, the minimum I'd expect under those circumstances would be the ability to exchange it if it did in fact prove to be the wrong size.

Bad form IMO. I would expect them to try and help you out of the situation. Go back and speak to them nicely, explain you'd really like to use the bike but that's not possible as it is and can they assist you. You'll need to pay any difference if they get you a new bike, but at it'll be the cheapest way IMO.

If the LBS still refuse to help could you fit a shorter stem to try and adapt it with. If so then don't buy it, (or anything else for that matter), from the place that sold the bike!

Good luck.

PS: no-one can view your link in post one unless they are registered with BR, (you have to sign it to see it). I am registered but can't remember my log in details so I can't view it either!

OP
OP
Giant-Churchy

Giant-Churchy

So the shop sold a bike without confirming it was OK for the end user? Even though they'll hide behind whatever your family told them when they bought it, the minimum I'd expect under those circumstances would be the ability to exchange it if it did in fact prove to be the wrong size.

Bad form IMO. I would expect them to try and help you out of the situation. Go back and speak to them nicely, explain you'd really like to use the bike but that's not possible as it is and can they assist you. You'll need to pay any difference if they get you a new bike, but at it'll be the cheapest way IMO.

If the LBS still refuse to help could you fit a shorter stem to try and adapt it with. If so then don't buy it, (or anything else for that matter), from the place that sold the bike!

Good luck.

PS: no-one can view your link in post one unless they are registered with BR, (you have to sign it to see it). I am registered but can't remember my log in details so I can't view it either!

you could try copying and pasting this into your web page http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=12953845
Should come up that way.

I will try and find out there is a sticker on the bike. Its certainly worth a try. Thanks again for your help and Kindness

OP
OP
Giant-Churchy

Giant-Churchy

I just posted a picture its a lovely bike been to a local giant dealer today who let me go on a medium frame much better. I am looking for around the 550 mark really that's 350 of its original price and is less than 6 months old with 60 miles on it. Wish I had longer legs and a longer reach.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi, did the bike come from a certain Giant dealer very close to where you live? One whose threshold I will not cross.

I take it that you play with the big grey thing's, if do you have some good racing cyclist very close at home.

As for flat, well you have go and have a play in the Wolds, plenty of fun there.

I am not far away in Bardney so maybe we will hook up sometime.

Maybe look for a smaller frame and swap the bits.

OP
OP
Giant-Churchy

Giant-Churchy

Hi, did the bike come from a certain Giant dealer very close to where you live? One whose threshold I will not cross.

I take it that you play with the big grey thing's, if do you have some good racing cyclist very close at home.

As for flat, well you have go and have a play in the Wolds, plenty of fun there.

I am not far away in Bardney so maybe we will hook up sometime.

Maybe look for a smaller frame and swap the bits.

Hello it came from a place in Bedford Parents got it from there but I have been in the one your talk about and im about to buy a Giant defy 1 for 999. What would you recommend I do and why would you not cross the threshold lol. I have just moved into the area (work at Coningsby) and have not ridden a road bike was mainly mountain biking were I used to live. Due to the lack of mountain biking I have decided to get into road riding, It would be great to hook up when ever your about that would be great.

Thanks

Top Bottom