Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bike Boomer

Regular
Hello,
I hope it is okay that I am from Michigan. Maybe someday I will get a chance to hop over the pond with my bike and tour with some of you (wishful thinking at this time). I ran across your forum as I was browsing the net for solutions to my eyes watering all the time I am out in the cold or wind. I noticed that the link I clicked on was this forum so I checked it out and thought it to be really cool. I have a 1975 Raleigh Grand Prix from Nottingham. I bought it this past July. I am a 57 year old male and started riding a bicycle 2 years ago when I was experiencing back issues that prevented me from walking distances. I started off with a department store mountain bike and rode that until I purchased the Raleigh. I wanted a strong frame that would hold up to my weight and the Raleigh fit the bill. My main interest is in commuting and touring and bicycle camping. I have not been on any extended rides yet. The furthest was about 20 miles. Thanks for reading, I look forward to making connections here. ~Bike Boomer

Berk on a Bike

Veteran

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome:@Bike Boomer

Like the choice of bike. I hope it'll bring you a lot of pleasure.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bike Boomer

Bike Boomer

Regular
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcoming! I am glad to know that this forum is open to people outside England. Because I own a vintage Raleigh, I feel like I am at home here and I am looking forward to connecting and reading your stories.:hello:

Top Bottom