Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

0lonerider

Veteran
welcome boomer!

Hello,
I hope it is okay that I am from Michigan. Maybe someday I will get a chance to hop over the pond with my bike and tour with some of you (wishful thinking at this time). I ran across your forum as I was browsing the net for solutions to my eyes watering all the time I am out in the cold or wind. I noticed that the link I clicked on was this forum so I checked it out and thought it to be really cool. I have a 1975 Raleigh Grand Prix from Nottingham. I bought it this past July. I am a 57 year old male and started riding a bicycle 2 years ago when I was experiencing back issues that prevented me from walking distances. I started off with a department store mountain bike and rode that until I purchased the Raleigh. I wanted a strong frame that would hold up to my weight and the Raleigh fit the bill. My main interest is in commuting and touring and bicycle camping. I have not been on any extended rides yet. The furthest was about 20 miles. Thanks for reading, I look forward to making connections here. ~Bike Boomer
Welcome to CC BB

OP
OP
Bike Boomer

Bike Boomer

Regular
:welcome: to the forum. I'm from Australia, and also find this forum very inclusive and friendly.
That is good to know!:hello:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks, What year is your Raleigh?:hello:
I've got 4, 73 Worksop built 531 (not sure of the model, its been repainted) 83 Equipe (the red and white model referred to as the superEquipe) 86 3 speed 'Courier' and an Outlander MTB from the late 80s/ early 90s (to replace a stolen Mustang for trailer towing)
I've also got a 67/68 Carlton Clubman (Raleigh purchased the Carlton factory and name) that's been in the family from new (it was my cousins) and a few other bikes, the latest being my Kentex trike with an electric front wheel kit fitted, bought for physiotherapy (and transport) after I broke my femur last year.

Top Bottom