Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonlea

I am new to bikes at the age of 67. For X mas I bought 2 byocycle chameleon ls bikes for my wife and me as I am going to retire in a couple of months and want to get some exercise. We live at the top end of a very steep hill so the need to have some assistance to get home!

Twinks

Über Member
Hello there,:hello:, good on you. Happy retirement and have lots of adventures on your bikes

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome:

Dave7

Legendary Member
NIce to see that post.
I am 68 and re-discovered cycling 3 years ago. A few health problems have set me back this last year but apart from that its surprising how you can get "bike fit" again.
Enjoy!!

Ganymede

Veteran
Hello jonlee - you could try looking at an electric bike. As long as you don't use it on power all the time you will still get some exercise. (There is a bloke near me, about 40, rides around on the flat on his electric bike without pedalling, I mean!!!) I am sure there will be a dealer near you - all the big bike shops are onto the idea now.

OP
OP
J

jonlea

Thanks all for your welcome. I have bought the two electric bikes for Christmas. Now looking for a suitable bike carrier. TRied the next dorr neighbour's Thule two bike but electric bikes are too heavy. Seems like I need a Thule 9403 - 3 bike carrier now

Hi and welcome and Happy New Year...

Our 2 off road touring bikes are quite heavy as well and we ended up buying a Thule 3 bike carrier which took a max load of something like 80kg, just to make sure that we were 'safe' with a 25 kg limit per bike. Our bikes come in at 22kg each. It also had the Shadrach's of being able to take an optional 4th bike with an adaptor so if the expedition bikes didn't go on holiday with us we could take both road and mountain bikes with us.

Top Bottom