Hello...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheVDM

Regular
Hi, I've just joined from Margate.

I used to use cycling as my only method of transport but since passing the driving test years back I've not really done much cycling. I have a Landrover Tahora which I bought from new in back in 2007 and have hardly used since then.
After years of driving everywhere, coupled with medication that makes me put weight on I've decided it's time to dust the bike off and start some leisure cycling on Thanets many cycle routes. Next step is to get a cycle carrier for the car (it might be an estate but it's a lot of hassle taking the child seats out to make enough room to put the bike in).

Looking forwards to getting involved and loosing some of this weight I've put on over the years.

Jim

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Welcome, Jim :hello:

young Ed

Veteran
hello and a warm welcome from nearish ashford, kent
i LOVE and live for land rover my self :smile: :thumbsup: although they are the big, noisy, smelly, horrible things with 4 wheels!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
TheVDM

TheVDM

Regular
Hello,

I've personally got a soft spot for the 4 wheeled Rovers, although I haven't had one for about a year now... It's time another project turned up on the drive, something like an 827 would be nice. Other than that I tend to be a Honda guy for the daily driver.
Jim

young Ed

Veteran
Hello,

I've personally got a soft spot for the 4 wheeled Rovers, although I haven't had one for about a year now... It's time another project turned up on the drive, something like an 827 would be nice. Other than that I tend to be a Honda guy for the daily driver.
Jim
i'm only 16 as it is so not owned one yet, but when i am 17 i plan to get an old series 2, 2a or 3 and that will be a daily :smile:
Cheers Ed

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

runner

Guru
Hey Jim welcome:welcome: I used to have a job that saw me driving some 25000 miles per year and when they made me reduntant I took a lowly job as a court usher so that I could ride everyday...the jobs ok and I love the riding, been doing it for nearly 10 years. I drive an old vectra which is used for the grocery run and picking the wife up (she didn't like the idea of straddling the handlebars!) and rescuing the kids. I still run (10 mile road race next weekend) but the bike is a first class way for me to keep fit and keep my joints injury free...which running has a habit of doing....anyway enough said...get posting and meeting the guys and gals^_^

OP
OP
TheVDM

TheVDM

Regular
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

i'm only 16 as it is so not owned one yet, but when i am 17 i plan to get an old series 2, 2a or 3 and that will be a daily :smile:
Cheers Ed
That will fly around in no time. Glad to hear it's the good old 'proper' Landrovers you like, I bought a Jaguar XJ40 a while back from a couple of guys who restored vintage Landrovers, although I'm not normally drawn to 4x4's I do quite like the old ones.
Hey Jim welcome:welcome: I used to have a job that saw me driving some 25000 miles per year and when they made me reduntant I took a lowly job as a court usher so that I could ride everyday...the jobs ok and I love the riding, been doing it for nearly 10 years. I drive an old vectra which is used for the grocery run and picking the wife up (she didn't like the idea of straddling the handlebars!) and rescuing the kids. I still run (10 mile road race next weekend) but the bike is a first class way for me to keep fit and keep my joints injury free...which running has a habit of doing....anyway enough said...get posting and meeting the guys and gals^_^

I used to do around 15,000 a year to commute to a job I hated, so I quit to become a student instead. It's much more satisfying despite the major pay cut, on the other hand I save a lot by not having to rely so heavily on childcare, that and I get to enjoy more time at home (being screamed at by the kids) for a few years :wacko:. The Honda only gets used for journeys to the shops or visiting family these days, the Jag on the other hand turned out to have major structural rust so I'm in need of another project :laugh:

OP
OP
TheVDM

TheVDM

Regular
Hello all,
:welcome: from down the road in Ramsgate!
This is getting quite close to home. I was thinking of starting off on the cycle route along the seafront from Palm Bay or Botany Bay towards North Forelands, do you have any other recommendations for cycle routes around Thanet?

Jim

Top Bottom