hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
When riding with children, it is always a good idea to keep them in front of you and move out before they do, so that you can give them some protection from the idiots ;)

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Makes my blood boil when motorists think they own the road like that and even more so when you have a youngster in tow.Finally got my 6 year old on two wheels this weekend around Tatton Park but i dread ever taking her on the open road.

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

HJ said:
When riding with children, it is always a good idea to keep them in front of you and move out before they do, so that you can give them some protection from the idiots :smile:
hi HJ forgot say i was at side of grandson just held back a bit but car driver still scared my grandson,but he is ok now.:biggrin:

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

skudupnorth said:
Makes my blood boil when motorists think they own the road like that and even more so when you have a youngster in tow.Finally got my 6 year old on two wheels this weekend around Tatton Park but i dread ever taking her on the open road.
yes i know next time me and grandson go out , i am going to stick to canal towpath.
just means we will have to walk to canal with bikes.:smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
stevo said:
yes i know next time me and grandson go out , i am going to stick to canal towpath.
I guess you mean the Bridgwater canal ? Cracking ride which i use from where i am at Astley right up to Dunham and beyond.

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

skudupnorth said:
I guess you mean the Bridgwater canal ? Cracking ride which i use from where i am at Astley right up to Dunham and beyond.
hi SKUDUPNORTH i mean portland basin ,you can go up to marple or you can go up to upper mill do you know where i mean, i am always on there,i go up to marple locks a lot .:smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
stevo said:

But it is good for them to learn about how to ride with traffic, if you can build up slowly. Bikeablity (which replaced the old cycle proficiency test) recommends introducing children to traffic from about the age of 10, don't let one idiot put him off...

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
stevo said:
hi SKUDUPNORTH i mean portland basin ,you can go up to marple or you can go up to upper mill do you know where i mean, i am always on there,i go up to marple locks a lot .:smile:
Nice canal up there,only ever walked it though.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
HJ said:
But it is good for them to learn about how to ride with traffic, if you can build up slowly. Bikeablity (which replaced the old cycle proficiency test) recommends introducing children to traffic from about the age of 10, don't let one idiot put him off...
+ 1 I still have my Cycle proficiency test badge from 197.....something !

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

HJ said:
hi HJ thanks for the advice we are supposed to be going out again tomorrow.
i will give it another go see how he is.
he really enjoyed the ride out at weekend and he managed a 20 mile ride with a few breaks.:smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
stevo said:
hi SKUDUPNORTH yes you are right its really a peaceful ride.
what do you ride might see you sometime on there.:wacko:
Blue Specialized Rockhopper with panniers or a Sirrus Hybrid.I have a friend up there who has built a down hill circuit on a farm,i know where it is but cannot for the life of me tell you the name of the farm !

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

skudupnorth said:
Blue Specialized Rockhopper with panniers or a Sirrus Hybrid.I have a friend up there who has built a down hill circuit on a farm,i know where it is but cannot for the life of me tell you the name of the farm !
hi SKUDUPNORTH i will keep an eye out for your blue specialized rock hopper and the track,i ride a barracuda fusion full sus gold color or a rockrider 5.
hope to meet up sometime Steve.:wacko:

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

skudupnorth said:
I will keep you posted next time there is an event over there.It has some serious riders that are barking mad !
ok SKUDUPNORTH might see on the canal sometime,have fun and be careful out there.;)

Top Bottom