Helmet Camera Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
What light did you use? is it cycling specific?

Yes, it was a cycling light, it was one light from an Electron EHP315 fitted with a 15w bulb instead of a 10w bulb with a 7.2v 4.4Ah battery. I used a Magicshine helmet mount cable tied to my helmet then a 26mm P clip to attach the light to the mount. It was not a very controlled test, just a short walk around my garden in virtual pitch black but it did look surprisingly good. I need to try a go for a small night ride to see how it looks in different street light scenario's, then upload to YouTube. The most surprising aspect was that I did not change any settings on my camera.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If that works, then that is great. I will have to get hold of one of those lights :tongue:

BSRU

A Human Being
I think you can buy the light heads separately for 15 pounds, or a complete system is about 50 although the battery is big and takes 10 hours to charge, I am using a spare more modern Li-ion battery. Then changing the bulb is a pain as the standard used is MR11, which specifies the diameter, 35mm, but not the length as I found out, it can vary from 35mm to 42mm, although they are very cheap.

I am also going to try it with a 12v version of the bulb, just hoping, I mean waiting, for a 12v Li-ion 9800mAh rechargeable battery I just ordered of EBay to turn up from Hong Kong.

Top Bottom