Helmet Camera Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aye, this is whythe POV1.5 and such are pretty expensive.

Though, Running the older 720p at the lower setting in 60 (or even 30) should make it better in light just so long as the FPS isnt FIXED at 60.

Aye, this is whythe POV1.5 and such are pretty expensive.

Though, Running the older 720p at the lower setting in 60 (or even 30) should make it better in light just so long as the FPS isnt FIXED at 60.

Am I right in saying that the contour runs a CMOS sensor? The cameras I use have CCD which with all other things being equal will always have better low light capabilities.

In good light though, the contour videos do look good. If only we could have a cheap HD camera with that sort of resolution and good low light capabilities. Oh and cheap. Not asking for much am I!?:smile:

Am I right in saying that the contour runs a CMOS sensor? The cameras I use have CCD which with all other things being equal will always have better low light capabilities.

In good light though, the contour videos do look good. If only we could have a cheap HD camera with that sort of resolution and good low light capabilities. Oh and cheap. Not asking for much am I!?:smile:

CCD isn't instantly better than CMOS, there are good CMOS sensors out there.

Most of the time people will view the contour HD video at 480p in youtube, maybe even 720p but not at 100% size, if you watch them at 100% it doesn't look as great (but still nice).

Anything with high resolutions or high frame rates need a lot of light, cant be helped unless we use more sensitive sensors, and then that can just add the issue of noise. If you look at the very high FPS cameras, when they film stuff they use very high powered lighting.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Because CMOS uses APS, the camera needs less space as you can combine the image sensor function and image processing within the same integrated circuits. They also need less power. No doubt the VIO beats the hd cameras at night but if you want a self contained unit. The VIO is out of the window.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Do a more general look on the interwebs and you will see :tongue:

Check that link mate :biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hummm this is harder than I thought, The Muvi while far from perfect is a great little camera, at £60, so I assumed by setting my budget at £150 I would be abe to get something much better, seems I was wrong LOL

I looked at the "AT1" previously, wireless bullet camera - I like the bullet camera form factor for the helmet but the wire is a little awkward.

Though, after looking at example videos with bad interference, and worries about battery life in TWO units. I decided against it - around that time it was £95-100. Just noticed today it's £65.

Not HD of course.

I just wish Icould have a play with one to test it myself - and I don't like messing around with companies using DSR (I did last time, and it was a pain to get my full money back for the DVR2...!).

Top Bottom