Helmet Camera Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
My concern with the contour HD type camera is it's night time capability. For me it just doesn't look good enough. Of course if you have a 900 lumen light at the front....:ohmy::smile:

I should be ok then as I have two Magicshines, might stick one on my helmet.

BSRU

A Human Being
Re the ContourHD's, are they one self contained unit ? or are they like the mini dvr2 ? if they are one unit how secure is the SD card?

The Contour is completely self contained with battery and memory card all in the same unit. They normal sell for about 190 to 200, a little over your budget. You could be lucky and find one on special offer, depends how long you are willing to wait/look for one.

Nop :sad:

I know it used to be anything over £30 but I remember reading it went up to either £100 or £300 before we get hit for tax, just cant recal.

I ought lights for under £100 and had to pay tax. It all depends on how it is sent and packaged.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I ought lights for under £100 and had to pay tax. It all depends on how it is sent and packaged.

Hummm :sad:, How much did you get hit for ?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
As a fairly reliable rule of thumb, actual battery-life of most gadgets is about half the manufacturer's claimed battery-life (which is always under ideal conditions rarely replicated in real-life use).

I doubt you'll get anything that does four hours real-life use in the budget you've set, unfortunately.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
As a fairly reliable rule of thumb, actual battery-life of most gadgets is about half the manufacturer's claimed battery-life (which is always under ideal conditions rarely replicated in real-life use).

I doubt you'll get anything that does four hours real-life use in the budget you've set, unfortunately.

Yeah I revised my requirment to 2 hours but with a replacable battery

Top Bottom